Oracle is making its popular APEX low-code development platform available as a managed cloud service that developers can use to build data-driven enterprise applications quickly and easily.
Humio announced the availability of the Humio Operator.
The Humio Operator facilitates the configuration and deployment, and eases the management of clusters running on Kubernetes.
"The Operator utilizes our best practices and integrates with other common Kubernetes components to streamline the deployment and management of Humio clusters in your Kubernetes environments. The tight integrations between Humio and the Humio Operator have allowed us to make deploying a stateful distributed application painless," said Grant Schofield, Director of Infrastructure at Humio.
The Humio Operator has many features that allow administrators to deploy and manage a Humio cluster. In addition, the Humio Operator utilizes commonly used components from the cloud-native ecosystem, such as cert-manager and the nginx ingress controller, to automate the secure communication between Humio pods. The Humio Operator for Kubernetes ...
- automates the installation of a Humio cluster on Kubernetes.
- automates the management of Humio Repositories, Parsers, and Ingest Tokens.
- automates the management of Humio, such as partition balancing.
- automates version upgrades of Humio.
- automates configuration changes of Humio.
- allows the use of various storage mediums, including hostPath or storage class PVCs.
- automates the cluster authentication and security such as pod-to-pod TLS, SAML, and OAuth.
Humio's Operator is available as an open source project so any Humio customer can run Humio in a self-hosted environment using the same best practices Humio uses to manage their own cloud environments.