Exadel announced the Grand Prize winner of the “Appery.io COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon.”
Devart, a Czech software vendor of database tools and data connectivity solutions, has released dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server.
Powered by the tools from dbForge Developer Bundle and embracing cutting-edge DevOps practices, the solution brings a new approach to conventional database development. The tool drastically reduces overall database release costs, minimizes deployment risks, energizes quality & update frequency, makes the workflow consistent and safe.
dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server is a free product supplied exclusively as a part of dbForge Developer Bundle for SQL Server. Currently, it consists of two components:
- dbForge DevOps Automation PowerShell for SQL Server
- dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server Plugin
The DevOps Automation PowerShell Module is a matter of the team’s particular pride. It is capable of fine-tuning and automating a vast variety of SQL Server database development tasks:
- Build – deploys a database either on LocalDB or on a specified SQL Server and generates a NuGet package from a source control repository.
- Test – runs tSQLt and generates test data.
- Sync – deploys a NuGet package and synchronizes it with a working DB.
- Publish – places a NuGet Package to a NuGet feed for further deployment.
At the same time, the solution also allows setting up DevOps processes in Jenkins with the help of the open-source dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server Plugin. In the near future, the company plans to extend the range of supported automation servers.