VAST Data announced the general availability of its new Container Storage Interface (CSI).
Bacula Systems announced significant enhancements to its backup module for Kubernetes clusters.
Bacula Enterprise is an Enterprise backup and recovery software offering a fully automated, comprehensive backup of Kubernetes environments.
"Kubernetes Clusters are increasingly being deployed in mission-critical operational environments. As most production applications are stateful and require some sort of external storage, organizations are seeking an effective backup and recovery solution to protect their business. Bacula Enterprise is the world's first enterprise-grade backup and recovery software to provide this capability," said Frank Barker, CEO, Bacula Systems.
Bacula Enterprise offers further flexibility for IT departments by offering multiple options for Cloud compatibility and data recovery management. "Many organizations have deployed containers on several major public clouds. Bacula's native integration with these Cloud platforms help to speed and ease operations across these environments," said Aristide Caraccio, VP of Sales and Marketing for Bacula Systems.
As with its previously announced Container modules, Bacula's Kubernetes module will also be made available free with its Bacula Enterprise Edition Bronze level subscriptions and above.
Some of the benefits of Bacula's integrated Kubernetes module include:
- Safeguarding states of Kubernetes clusters
- Recovery of applications and their persistent data
- Restore Kubernetes Persistent Volumes data to local directory
- Enabling fast and efficient redeployment of a cluster's resources
- Saving amended configurations for complete security, and restoring to exact same state
- Saving configurations for use with other operations.