SmartBear has integrated TestComplete, its UI test automation tool, with BitBar, its native mobile device cloud.
As the pace of business and technology innovation accelerates, IT organizations are under pressure to deliver software faster and at higher levels of quality. Automation is a key enabler for this process. We are conducting a new Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) study to uncover the key process and automation-driven competencies contributing to accelerated software delivery. A secondary goal is to uncover the relationships, if any, between these competencies and revenue growth.
This study builds on the 2014 Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) groundbreaking research on the topics of DevOps and Continuous Delivery. The prior study found strong links between the quality of Dev/Ops interactions, accelerated software delivery, and revenue growth. The new research will determine whether these links still exist, assess the importance of various types of automation to IT organizations engaged in Continuous Delivery, and delineate product and feature “wish lists” for 2016 budgets.
Some of the questions this new research will answer include:
• What does “Continuous Delivery” really mean in terms of delivery frequencies, code volumes, and cross-lifecycle iterations?
• How does Continuous Delivery contribute to digital transformation?
• What are the costs of Continuous Delivery in terms of budget and resources?
• How can organizations build a foundation for Continuous Delivery, and what types of tools facilitate the process?
• What are the revenue implications of DevOps and/or Continuous Delivery?
• How are Continuous Delivery practices and tools being implemented? How are they being adapted to mobile and cloud applications?
The findings of this research will be an invaluable aid to vendors and service providers in understanding:
• How are companies implementing DevOps and Continuous Delivery strategies?
• Who is leading Continuous Delivery transformations?
• Which elements of Continuous Delivery are currently automated and what are purchasing plans for 2016?
• Which product features are most valued, and which missing features would be most appreciated?
• Who are the buyers for products supporting Continuous Delivery initiatives?
Julie Craig is Research Director for Application Management at Enterprise Management Associates (EMA).