Datadog announced the general availability of Continuous Profiler, a low-overhead 24x7 code profiler that measures the performance of code in production.
The latest release of Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform provides a 5-minute setup, a fast path to delivering container and Kubernetes security and visibility with a SaaS-first offering.
In the first five minutes, the Sysdig agent is installed, dashboards are ready to go, and visibility into vulnerability, threats, and compliance issues are available. In this time, cloud teams can activate the five essential workflows required to securely operate cloud-native workloads.
The workflows include image scanning, Kubernetes and container monitoring, application and cloud service monitoring, runtime security, and compliance.
The latest release by Sysdig helps organizations of all sizes get results quickly and efficiently by giving customers guided onboarding as well as out-of-the-box dashboards and integrations.
Sysdig also announced today a new Sysdig Essentials pricing tier, delivered as a SaaS solution, which packages these five core workflows for secure DevOps.
Sysdig is focused on making it easier to get started using a secure DevOps workflow for container and Kubernetes environments. With this announcement, Sysdig simplifies onboarding for the most critical security, compliance, and monitoring functions. Sysdig adds guided onboarding, turnkey workflows, and pre-built integrations, policies, and dashboards that reduce the time it takes for DevOps teams to get insights. By helping shorten the time to value and setting a new bar for onboarding efficiency, enterprises can rapidly meet key security, compliance, and availability requirements across their various container and Kubernetes environments.
The five essential workflows for secure DevOps:
- Image scanning: Organizations can manage security risk by finding and fixing vulnerabilities and misconfigurations early in the DevOps process through image scanning. Sysdig continuously scans images both within registries and CI/CD pipelines and during production. This saves time by uniquely mapping vulnerabilities to Kubernetes-based applications.
- Runtime security: Using Falco, Sysdig enables organizations to detect threats at runtime without impacting performance. Falco is the open source Kubernetes runtime security project created by Sysdig and now a Cloud Native Computing Foundation project.
- Compliance: Passing compliance audits can be time consuming and failing is costly. Organizations can continuously validate using out-of-the-box rules mapped against common compliance frameworks including PCI, NIST, and CIS.
- Kubernetes and container monitoring: With Sysdig, cloud teams receive automatic alerts and detailed health and performance information, including golden signals for clusters, deployments, namespaces, and workloads. Deep visibility into container activity enriched with cloud and Kubernetes context allows teams to manage the complexity that is a reality in a containerized ecosystem.
- Application and cloud service monitoring with full Prometheus compatibility: By leveraging native support for PromQL and Prometheus metrics, DevOps teams can use the industry standard their developers prefer, without running into scaling challenges. Out-of-the-box dashboards display metrics from cloud services, databases, and other key components in their application environment.
Sysdig offers five additional workflows, which include advanced troubleshooting, machine learning-based anomaly detection, threat prevention, incident response and forensics, and extended compliance controls. The advanced enterprise workflows include specialized capabilities that yield greater efficiency for DevOps teams. Once a cloud team has implemented the basics, they can move to more advanced workflows that further strengthen security and resilience.
In addition to the essential workflows introduced, the latest Sysdig release includes the Sysdig Essentials pricing tier for organizations looking to start with the essential use cases. The Sysdig Essentials tier provides a simplified on-ramp to a secure DevOps approach.
The Sysdig Essentials tier is offered as SaaS only, whereas the enterprise tier of the Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform is offered on-prem and as a SaaS deployment. SaaS provides faster adoption, more efficient management, and offers organizations security, compliance, and monitoring at a lower cost. The new tier starts with a 14-day free trial. All Sysdig products and tiers are priced per host/month. Full pricing can be found on the Sysdig pricing page.
The essential and advanced enterprise workflows for secure DevOps are available now to all current customers and new customers. The Sysdig Essentials pricing tier is available to new customers today.