NetApp announced the availability of Elastigroup for Microsoft Azure Spot Virtual Machines (VMs).
The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform is now available as a Red Hat certified container, available for supported deployment across Red Hat’s hybrid cloud technologies including Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
As part of the Red Hat Container Certification, StackRox’s capabilities, powered by its container-native and Kubernetes-native platform, will be available through the Red Hat Container Catalog. Enterprise customers who use the production-ready Kubernetes platform offered by Red Hat OpenShift to deliver shorter application development cycles and better-quality software now have easier access to enhanced security and compliance capabilities certified by Red Hat.
Julio Tapia, director, Cloud Platforms Partners Ecosystem, Red Hat, said: “Containers offer greater application portability for enterprises seeking to drive digital transformation. By certifying its solution with Red Hat, StackRox and its customers using the certified container on Red Hat’s hybrid cloud technologies, including Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, can deploy cloud-native workloads into production with greater confidence.”
The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform delivers critical capabilities to protect cloud-native applications across the entire development life cycle. As a Red Hat certified container, the StackRox platform helps users enable:
- Visibility: StackRox provides comprehensive visibility into containerized environments, including all container registries and images; orchestrator (e.g., Kubernetes) configurations, deployments and metadata; runtime activity; network topology; and more.
- Vulnerability Management: StackRox integrates with CI/CD pipelines and protects containers from vulnerabilities throughout their life cycle, from the time images are built to when deployments launch and are running.
- Compliance: StackRox enables continuous compliance checks for controls defined in CIS Benchmarks for Docker and Kubernetes, NIST 800-190, PCI DSS, and HIPAA as well as internal policies.
- Network Segmentation: StackRox enforces firewalling and segmentation policies by providing visibility, simulation, recommendations, and the ability to apply updated network policies to Kubernetes.
- Configuration Management: StackRox provides automated and on-going checks images, container, and Kubernetes configurations, protecting against misconfigurations across the environment such as exposed dashboards or metadata.
- Risk Profiling: StackRox profiles overall risk across workloads by correlating and analyzing various risk factors and pinpoints the highest-risk deployments that need immediate remediation.
- Threat Detection and Response: StackRox leverages a combination of rules, whitelists, and behavioral modeling to automatically detect and prevent threats, including suspicious or malicious activity while minimizing noise and alert fatigue.
“Red Hat OpenShift supports some of the most dynamic container and Kubernetes-based application deployments in the industry,” said Kamal Shah, CEO, StackRox. “With the StackRox platform available as a Red Hat certified container through the Red Hat Container Catalog, it’s now easier for OpenShift customers to reap the benefits of the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform in their organizations. Together, we can help DevOps and Security teams work together to build, deploy and run applications more quickly, effectively and securely.”
In addition to supporting Red Hat OpenShift, the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform supports all Kubernetes deployments, including self-managed clusters; managed services such as Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, and Google GKE; and other Kubernetes distributions like Docker Enterprise Edition.