Solace announced a new version of its Solace Event Portal solution that gives organizations with Apache Kafka deployments better visibility into, and control over, their Kafka event streams, brokers and associated assets.
The latest release of Solace Event Portal for Apache Kafka, generally available now, was specifically designed to address these challenges, offering application development teams a complete set of functionality to help them better understand, visualize, discover and re-use their Kafka assets, including:
- A native discovery agent that scans a Kafka cluster and its schema registry to produce a visual representation of every topic and its schema(s) across multiple versions, and who its consumers are. At a quick glance, architects and administrators can easily understand the overall application architecture of relationships between producers, consumers, their event interface as well as KPIs, such as the most and least used topics
- A rich catalog detailing all topics, event streams, schemas and pub/sub interfaces for each application, along with owners and points of contact, as well as changes for each of the managed EDA entities, helping expedite development by letting developers easily share, discover and re-use any existing Kafka asset
- An audit capability that enables users to easily identify discrepancies between runtime and design intent so that the information developers see in the Event Portal is always accurate and not a stale Word or Confluence page
- The ability to implement best practices in the areas of designing, securing and governing event streams. Users can organize systems into application domains, create and import payload schema definitions in a variety of formats including AsyncAPI, define event interactions between application and microservices, and create events and associated topic addresses using topic structure proven practices
- Complete lifecycle management and version control capabilities that enable application teams to more efficiently manage their Kafka environments from creation to deployment, and evolution over time through to retirement
- Easy integration with software development lifecycle (SDLC) tools that make up an organization's development ecosystem
Delivering a one-stop portal to discover, visualize, catalog and re-use event streams, Solace Event Portal for Apache Kafka ultimately helps enterprises like Freeus improve the agility, compliance and responsiveness of their event-driven applications so their lines of businesses can operate at peak performance, providing their customers the best possible service.