Embracing DevOps at enterprise scale requires a seismic shift in the way an organization plans, builds, tests, releases, and manages applications. Here are four ways to ensure your enterprise DevOps transformation is a success ...
Puppet introduced Puppet Insights and other expansions of the comapny's product portfolio.
Puppet Insights, the newest addition to Puppet’s expanding product portfolio, provides DevOps performance metrics so organizations can optimize software delivery across the entire organization for the very first time. With beautiful, easy-to-use dashboards and reports, teams gain a bird's-eye view of their organization and can focus on improving the velocity, quality and impact of their software delivery cycles.
With more concrete insights, teams can dive into their DevOps processes and clearly answer questions that help companies and executive leadership teams understand core business functionality around quality, business value and how teams can go faster.
Puppet Insights is currently a private beta.
“The conversation has shifted from ‘what is DevOps and how do I do it’ to ‘how do I speed my transformation in a scalable and repeatable way,’” said Omri Gazitt, Chief Product Officer, Puppet. “That’s why we’ve updated Puppet’s product portfolio to provide unique visibility, recommendations and automation across every domain — cloud, containers, application delivery, security — to help companies take control of their DevOps and automation journeys.”
Additional updates to Puppet’s product portfolio include:
- Puppet Discovery 1.6: Puppet Discovery makes it easy for customers to continuously discover the resources they have across their environments and take action. New features available in the latest version of Puppet Discovery include OpenStack support; sophisticated filtering of hosts and packages; additional tasks for package management and running ad hoc commands; and Japanese language support. Additional details can be found here.
- Vulnerability Remediation Beta for Puppet Discovery: The Vulnerability Remediation Beta builds on Puppet Discovery’s powerful discovery and action capabilities to automate the process of detecting and remediating security vulnerabilities. Vulnerability Remediation integrates with leading security providers — Qualys, Tenable and Rapid 7— and provides a prioritized list of recommendations based on severity, and a simple workflow to install new packages across target hosts. Vulnerability Remediation is currently a private beta. Additional details can be found here.
- Puppet Enterprise 2019: Today’s announcement also includes a new release of Puppet’s flagship product. Combining a remote, agentless offering with a robust ongoing agent-based solution, Puppet Enterprise 2019 offers the advantage of automating anything from anywhere and at anytime, and can extend changes across a team’s infrastructure at scale. Additionally, Puppet Enterprise 2019 includes flexible job scheduling for tasks, end-to-end encryption for secrets management, first-class support for intermediate certificate authority and improved certificate handling. Additional details can be found here.
- Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise 2.0: Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise brings modern pipeline automation to infrastructure as code. The latest release includes a new capability called Impact Analysis that helps customers assess the impact that a proposed change will have across their environments, making it even easier for customers to roll out change scalably and safely. Plus, new pre-built testing jobs significantly reduce the time to build CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure. Additional details can be found here.
- Puppet Bolt 1.0: Puppet Bolt is an agentless multi-platform automation tool that makes it easier to get started with DevOps. Teams new to automation can quickly get started with no prerequisites or Puppet knowledge. In the latest release, users can apply existing blocks of Puppet code to remote nodes directly from a workstation. This enables users to take advantage of the more than 5,700 modules available on the Puppet Forge. Additional details can be found here.
- Puppet Pipelines for Containers 3.3.1: Puppet Pipelines for Containers automates the way customers build and deploy container-based applications to Kubernetes. The latest release now includes rich support for Helm charts. This update enables customers to deploy pre-packaged applications from one of the many public Helm Chart repositories online entirely from within the web UI, as well as build and deploy custom Helm charts. Additional details can be found here.