Progress announced the latest release of Progress Flowmon.
Puppet announced the availability of major updates to Puppet Enterprise 2016.4, including a new integration with Jenkins.
New reporting capabilities give teams significantly greater visibility into change, while new orchestration capabilities intelligently enable teams to segment their infrastructure and execute phased deployments so they can deploy faster, more frequently and more reliably. With this latest release, Puppet Enterprise deepens the foundation for building DevOps practices by making it easier than ever to gain situational awareness and orchestrate software change confidently, no matter what your software runs on.
“In today’s software-driven world, organizations need to ship new releases fast and error free,” said Jamie Hull, VP of Product at Puppet. “Making things even more difficult, they need to be able to do both these things in increasingly complex, mixed environments. The latest features in Puppet Enterprise help our customers confidently navigate this complexity by providing more direct control over deployments, as well as greater insight into what changed on their systems, why, and by whom.”
Puppet Enterprise 2016.4 provides deeper visibility into the cause of change across an organization's infrastructure with reporting that identifies intentional changes (changes you’ve defined) versus corrective or unexpected changes (manual but unplanned changes or configuration drift) which Puppet is designed to automatically correct.
- Know exactly when unexpected changes occur so you can alert security teams quickly when needed, troubleshoot faster, and reduce mean time to recover.
- Drill into specific configuration resources to understand exactly when unexpected changes occur and what changed, to identify potential security issues faster.
- Know whether changes occurring across infrastructure are the result of drift from a desired state, to identify lapses in process within an organization’s use of Puppet.
Puppet Enterprise 2016.4 gives organizations full and direct control to drive change confidently and easily orchestrate ordered deployments across infrastructure and applications. This approach reduces risk when rolling out changes by running phased (canary) deployments, whether to an isolated set of your infrastructure, a specific application, or your entire data center. With Puppet Enterprise, IT teams now can:
- Orchestrate phased deployments of change by targeting specific portions of their infrastructure and applications for updates.
- Segment their infrastructure and applications based on any facts stored in Puppet, such as location, environment, configuration resources applied, and resource events (successful vs. failed changes, time of most recent Puppet run), and deploy changes only to those targeted segments.
- Gain even more control to run phased deployments and execute coordinated roll-outs of change.
Puppet Enterprise 2016.4 is available today.