F5 announced the general availability of F5 NGINXaaS for Azure, an integrated solution co-developed by F5 and Microsoft that empowers enterprises to deliver secure, high-performance applications in the cloud.
Octopus Deploy announced the release of Octopus 2022.2 with expanded support for teams that are containerizing their applications and services.
This feature launch gives DevOps teams the ability to modernize CI/CD practices at their own pace, and manage new and older applications all in a single tool.
Octopus 2022.2 expands support for cloud-native applications that run on container hosting platforms like Amazon EKS and ECS, Azure AKS, and Google GKE. Octopus are making it easier to configure your cloud resources through dynamic infrastructure discovery, and improving support for serverless components like Amazon Lambda. This release also previews integration with enterprise change management using ServiceNow.
With Octopus 2022.2, Octopus Deploy addresses concerns about moving to the cloud by giving customers a broad set of integrations for new and older technologies. You can use one tool to orchestrate deployments of applications that use older technologies, as well as newer cloud-based technologies.
Octopus 2022.2 offers updates to make moving to the cloud more seamless and intuitive. Updates include:
- Built-in support for container hosting platforms like Kubernetes, Amazon EKS and ECS, Azure AKS, and Google GKE.
- Easier configuration of your cloud resources through dynamic infrastructure discovery, and improved support for serverless components like Amazon Lambda.
- Early access preview of our integration with enterprise change management using ServiceNow.
- Dynamic caching introduced to Octopus Cloud to improve performance and responsiveness across multiple regions.
- Other improvements to allow teams to customize the look and feel, as well as security updates for OAuth authentication flows and session invalidation.
"The release of Octopus 2022.2 isn't about arbitrarily shifting every component or rewriting every application elsewhere for its own sake, but it helps teams take advantage of opportunity. Our customers can now combine the right set of technologies and tools, and be strategic about where to modernize and where to maintain," said Octopus Deploy founder and CEO Paul Stovell.
Octopus 2022.2 supports all major cloud architectures, allowing customers to containerize and modernize their CI/CD pipelines while expanding and maintaining business continuity.
The Octopus 2022.2 release of Octopus Deploy is available on Octopus Cloud.