New Relic delivered strategic updates to New Relic One.
A major new release of Plutora Environments enables organizations to manage multiple test environments to eliminate conflict and configuration challenges and enhance visibility, traceability and control.
The solution provides a consolidated view of the availability, usage and configuration of enterprise-scale application testing to minimize the cost of testing delays and deliver DevOps efficiencies.
“In a recent survey, over 40% of companies noted that they struggle with test environment availability as a barrier to test automation adoption, which ultimately causes delays in software releases. Conquering the challenges that managing test environments brings is a huge obstacle to achieving DevOps efficiencies in enterprises today,” said Bob Davis, CMO, Plutora. “Plutora Environments, now with new CD Pipeline functionality, is the unsung hero of optimizing software release processes by increasing the utilization that is inherent with maintaining large enterprise test environments.”
Plutora Environments provide real time visibility across the enterprise portfolio to establish a single source of truth to align teams and identify and resolve resource conflicts. Using an interactive environment map, and the new functionality of CD Pipeline, enterprises can create a structure to converge fast-moving continuous delivery activities, helping delivery teams to streamline the progression of code through each phase of a release. The CD Pipeline links GitHub versions, Jenkins jobs, test environments and original change requests to establish visibility of continuous testing workflows at scale.
CD Pipeline allows QA teams to understand specific changes addressed in each build in high velocity release pipelines and remove roadblocks to move code through to delivery as fast as possible by:
- Quickly associating new code commits with the features or fixes the code contains
- Ensuring accuracy of test coverage in high-velocity, multi-application releases
- Tracing updated code to fix defects or original requirements to accurately assign test cases
- Automatically linking change requests to associated test cases to ensure accurate test coverage
Plutora Environments new CD Pipeline enables release managers to gain visibility and bring accuracy to fast-moving CD pipelines at scale. It also creates traceability supporting business requirements within DevOps environments by:
- Monitoring product quality in fast-moving, multi-pipeline CD environments
- Providing dashboards that highlight how new code is progressing along the delivery pipeline, providing visibility from inception to production
- Establish traceability of test cases and results to original change requests and associated builds