Aqua Security announced that its Cloud Native Security Platform is available through Red Hat® Marketplace, an open cloud marketplace that makes it easier to discover and access certified software for container-based environments across the hybrid cloud.
IBM announced IBM Object Storage, an IBM Cloud service which allows developers to interactively compose and connect object storage into their apps.
This service provides app creators with a fully scalable, API-accessible platform to store and retrieve unstructured data, as well as build apps around this content. Available in beta on Bluemix, IBM’s Cloud Platform, Object Storage also allows developers to access this valuable data from external apps.
IBM Object Storage makes it faster, easier and more secure for developers to tap into and store growing volumes of unstructured data, including content such as images, documents and videos. It’s estimated that out of the 2.5 billion gigabytes of data which are created every day, 80 percent is comprised of unstructured content.
To help solve the challenge of how to capture, store and gain intelligence from rapidly increasing amounts of unstructured data, IBM has built a strong portfolio of technologies - including IBM Object Storage and its recent acquisition of Cleversafe. Cleversafe’s portfolio allows businesses to efficiently store and manage massive amounts of data throughout their organization, enabling them to scale and connect into large-scale content repositories, backup, archives and more.
Through tapping the OpenStack Object Storage (Swift) API for API-based data access and OpenStack Identity (Keystone) for authentication, IBM Object Storage offers developers:
- The ability to compose and bind apps to object files – both inside and outside of Bluemix
- Identity management and authentication to help protect against unauthorized access to object-based data.
- A service dashboard user interface for simple management
- Object browser, drag-and-drop upload and download from the developer’s desktop
- Industry-adopted OpenStack Swift API and SDKs to access the object store
- Service keys to access and use Object Storage with external apps and services
- Security isolation for each object storage instance within Bluemix