StackRox announced that the latest version of the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform includes support for Google Anthos, the open application platform that enables users to modernize, build and run applications across on-premise and multiple public cloud environments.
MuleSoft announced a new release of Anypoint Platform, featuring Anypoint MQ.
Now customers can perform advanced asynchronous messaging scenarios and can even more easily address real-time, high reliability and highly scalable use cases, all in the cloud.
In addition, MuleSoft unveiled another major step forward in data transformation with DataWeave and further addressed today’s connectivity needs across vertical industries with new B2B capabilities. This major new release of Anypoint Platform represents an important step forward for integration and APIs.
According to Gartner, “digital business initiatives require the frictionless sharing and flow of data among applications, people, processes and things. This is enabled by a hybrid integration platform (HIP), specifically, on-premises and cloud-based integration technologies securely connected so that the combination supports the integration of on-premises endpoints, cloud endpoints (and a combination of the two), for all integration patterns.”*
Hybrid integration not only requires next generation capabilities across the cloud and on-premises – it also must address a universe of use cases, including traditional requirements for application integration, data integration and B2B as well as new digital business and IoT needs. With an API-led connectivity approach, enterprises can achieve a world-class experience defined by the free flow of business information that is timely, accurate and delivered in a compelling and uniform manner across channels. With the December 2015 release, MuleSoft is delivering a truly hybrid integration platform, including next generation capabilities for cloud messaging, data transformation and B2B connectivity. These latest advancements cap a year of innovation for Anypoint Platform, ushering in a new era of API-led connectivity.
Anypoint MQ: Increasingly, organizations must act in real time to connect with employees, partners, customers and devices. With the December 2015 release, MuleSoft further enables customers to meet these growing integration demands in a hybrid, modern way. While asynchronous messaging is a powerful and well understood integration pattern, traditional messaging technologies are not suited for the cloud as they are not fully elastic or multi-tenanted.
Asynchronous messaging has emerged as a critical segment of connectivity when integrating and exposing APIs. It can address event-based use cases like delivering real-time market data and risk analysis for financial services, ensuring critical patient information is available instantaneously in healthcare, customer experiences are seamless across channels in retail, and devices are integrated in a reliable way for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Anypoint MQ is a multi-tenant, cloud messaging service that enables customers to perform advanced asynchronous messaging scenarios, such as queueing and pub/sub. CloudHub, the managed cloud platform for Anypoint Platform, brings enterprise-class functionality to Anypoint MQ, including environments, business groups and role-based access control (RBAC).
Anypoint MQ features include:
- Unified management: fully integrated with Anypoint Platform, offering role-based access control, client application management, queue statistics and status monitoring, and queue management
- Easy connectivity: send/receive messages from any Mule application running in the cloud or on-premises. MuleSoft’s REST API allows easy interface with non-Mule applications.
- Secure, reliable message delivery: persistent data storage across multiple data centers, ensuring that it can handle data center outages and have full disaster recovery. Queues can also be encrypted so data at rest is secured.
DataWeave: The release breaks new ground by modernizing the developer experience for data transformation. DataWeave, a simple, powerful language to query and transform data inside of Mule, will debut a brand new UI with innovations that amplify the power of DataWeave and dramatically improve developer productivity. The new UI puts the power at developers’ fingertips with new dynamic drag-and-drop previews and continuous feedback loops making transformations visually intuitive.
The new UI for DataWeave includes:
- Live design: interactive development interfaces, which allows users to dynamically see the result of transformations as they build mappings, rather than creating a separate testing workflow after the map is built, saving significant time and effort.
- Group maps: a novel approach for showing complex data mappings clearly as “tubes” for groups of fields and “lines” for individual fields, with intelligent layered highlighting that is context relevant within a focused active view, ensuring users can more easily see the overall structure of their mapping.
- Two-way editing: the ability to easily jump back and forth between graphical and code-based mapping. This feature allows users to quickly build maps using the graphical interface, but dive deep into complex expressions without ever losing context.
Anypoint Partner Manager: The December 2015 release also includes the general availability of Anypoint Partner Manager, a trading partner management solution that allows organizations to govern and report on interactions with external parties.
The new Anypoint Partner Manager includes:
- Partner-specific profiles: graphically configure identity and security certification settings by trading partner
- Partner-specific message processing rules: create message processing rules by partner (e.g. behavior of MDNs for messages sent through AS2)
- Message logging and search based on message metadata: search for messages by Message Type, Direction (Inbound/Outbound), Date, File name and more
“This release represents another set of product breakthroughs and highlights our relentless focus on usability and adoption, which has made us a leader in the category,” said Ken Yagen, VP of Products, MuleSoft. “We continue to deliver a consistent drumbeat of innovation to our customers, and these new features are no exception. By extending the capabilities of Anypoint Platform for enterprises building and running applications both in the cloud and on-premises, we continue to deliver on our API-led connectivity vision.”