Appdome has integrated its platform with GitHub to build, scale, and deliver software.
Kasm Technologies, in partnership with Docker, has developed Kasm Workspaces as a Containerized Desktop Infrastructure platform for streaming remote workspaces directly to your web browser.
The technical collaboration between Kasm Technologies and Docker includes research and development on Docker orchestration open-source technology used for streaming desktops, browsers and applications to the browser.
"Docker's ecosystem is now the foundation for a powerful new type of Desktop as a Service (DaaS)," said Ajeet Singh Raina, Docker Captain, Docker Inc. "Docker Hub, Docker Desktop, and supporting tools help teams build safely, collaborate seamlessly, and rapidly deploy critical applications. Kasm Technologies, a Docker Verified Publisher, provides the Workspaces Container Streaming platform that delivers Docker-powered Linux desktops directly to any web browser."
Kasm Workspaces replaces legacy Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) offerings like Citrix Workspaces and VMWare Horizons by leveraging Docker containers rather than full-stack operating systems. The Docker ecosystem provides the Workspaces Container Streaming solutions — each with some noteworthy advantages over traditional platforms:
- Desktops Boot in Seconds - Containers run on a shared kernel — Workspaces images boot in under two seconds.
- Reduced System Resources - Containers share system resources and load only minimal essential services, thus consuming less compute, memory, and disk space.
- DevOps Pipelines for Patching and Build Automation - The Dockerfile build process automates the system compilation for release-pipeline automation, intervention-free system updates, and guaranteed uptime. Passive processes also bolster security patching, software functionality, and performance.
- Orchestration for Scalability - Docker orchestration automates the process of establishing additional images and controlling resource allocation.
- Portable/Sharable for Reuse - Containers work cross-platform without dependencies so they can be shared within Docker Hub.
- Platform Agnostic for Compatibility - Workspaces can orchestrate any system with Docker — allowing it to run in the cloud, on-premises, or in a hybrid configuration.
- Web-Native for Usability - Open-Source KasmVNC rendering technology streams the desktop UI to the user's browser, using web-native technology that doesn't require an agent or plugin.
"The partnership between Docker and Kasm Technologies presents the next generation of Desktop as a Service solutions through Docker Container Streaming technology," said Matt McClaskey, Kasm Technologies CTO, "The Workspaces solution is revolutionizing the delivery of remote workspaces through our cloud-centric, devops-enabled and web-native approach."
Kasm Workspaces open-source images are available directly through Kasm's Docker Verified Publisher images on Docker Hub.
DigiCert, announced a partnership with ReversingLabs to enhance software security by combining advanced binary analysis and threat detection from ReversingLabs with DigiCert's enterprise-grade secure code signing solution.
Semgrep announced that Semgrep Supply Chain is now free for all to use, up to a 10-contributor limit.
Checkmarx announced its new AI Query Builders and AI Guided Remediation to help development and AppSec teams more accurately discover and remediate application vulnerabilities.
Copado announced a technology partnership with nCino to provide financial institutions with proven tools for continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing of nCino features and functionality of the nCino cloud banking platform.
OpsMx announced extensions to OpsMx Intelligent Software Delivery (ISD) that make it a CI/CD solution designed for secure software delivery and deployment.
Couchbase announced a broad range of enhancements to its Database-as-a-Service Couchbase Capella™.
Remote.It release of Docker Network Jumpbox to enable zero trust container access for Remote.It users.
Platformatic launched a suite of new enterprise-grade products that can be self-hosted on-prem, in a private cloud, or on Platformatic’s managed cloud service:
Parasoft announced the release of C/C++test 2023.1 with complete support of MISRA C 2023 and MISRA C 2012 with Amendment 4.
Rezilion announced the release of its new Smart Fix feature in the Rezilion platform, which offers critical guidance so users can understand the most strategic, not just the most recent, upgrade to fix vulnerable components.
Zesty has partnered with skyPurple Cloud, the public cloud operations specialists for enterprises.
With Zesty, skyPurple Cloud's customers have already reduced their average monthly EC2 Linux On-Demand costs by 44% on AWS.
Red Hat announced Red Hat Trusted Software Supply Chain, a solution that enhances resilience to software supply chain vulnerabilities.
Mirantis announced Lens Control Center, to enable large businesses to centrally manage Lens Pro deployments by standardizing configurations, consolidating billing, and enabling control over outbound network connections for greater security.
Red Hat announced new capabilities for Red Hat OpenShift AI.