Red Hat announced new capabilities and features for Red Hat OpenShift, the company's enterprise Kubernetes platform.
CloudBees announced significant advances for its Software Delivery Management (SDM) platform – integrations with additional continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) engines, including Google Cloud Build and Tekton, and extension of the availability of CloudBees’ SDM Preview Program.
CloudBees extended the integrations of its SDM platform to include a series of Google Cloud offerings – Google Cloud Build and Tekton pipelines. The integrations build on CloudBees’ vision for SDM, enabling stakeholders in the software delivery process to maximize efficiencies, collaborate more closely and share software delivery insights across the company while continuing to use the tools that work best for their organizations. The CloudBees SDM platform is intended to allow companies to embrace, not replace, the tools they are using and deriving value from.
SDM is an emerging category of software for IT that defines software delivery as a core business process. SDM is focused on solving the most challenging problems organizations face by connecting tools and processes in a way that optimizes value creation across the software delivery lifecycle. CloudBees has previously outlined its vision for the category, and today’s news is one more step in the realization of SDM. The CloudBees SDM platform integrates artifacts, data and events across an organization’s DevOps toolchain, creating a unified system of record.
Some of the integrated capabilities that CloudBees offers to support Software Delivery Management, include:
- Product model – A central view of all product and feature development occurring across the organization, leveraging information from the entire toolchain. You get visibility and insights into the effectiveness of your software delivery process.
- Policy engine – Create policies to trigger actions driving governance and best practices that help product teams and stakeholders define better ways of working to improve the software delivery process..
- Reporting engine - Create reports related to development efficiency, contribution and progress from data aggregated across the entire DevOps toolchain. Also create custom reports to answer specific questions related to your software delivery process.
- Feature management - Real-time insights to manage on-time delivery of features so you can see progress, status and contributors, as well as blockers risking delivery timeline.
- Real-time value stream management – Model and visualize the software delivery process while accessing key DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) metrics to measure and manage DevOps performance.
- Application framework - Flexible platform to link other tools in your toolchain through an API connection in order to pull in data that can be used for reporting and policy management. Lets you embrace, not replace, the tools you have.