Red Hat announced new capabilities and features for Red Hat OpenShift, the company's enterprise Kubernetes platform.
AUTOMIC announces a new upgrade to their Application Release Automation portfolio to enable the continuous delivery of business applications.
AUTOMIC optimizes the deployment pipeline by bringing Developers and Operations together to work in unison and achieve their joint goals quickly, efficiently and effortlessly:
- For Developers, AUTOMIC enables rapid development by giving fast time to feedback from production use of code. Developers can continue to use any existing tools and simply plug them into the deployment pipeline with AUTOMIC Release Automationensuring new builds and packages automatically delivered into test and production.
- For Operations, AUTOMIC enables “release at pace with control”. Operations can control the deployment pipeline with zero-code modelling in a safe, secure, compliant and scalable manner while achieving the speed of delivery that business demands dealing with any number of releases, from any number of development teams, in any geographic location.
“The DevOps market continues to gain momentum as enterprises look to drive digital transformation”, says Todd DeLaughter, CEO of AUTOMIC. “Dev and Ops teams need to work together seamlessly to deliver the business critical applications needed to differentiate and grow. At AUTOMIC we are focused on enabling a continuous deployment pipeline for these teams and use our strong enterprise heritage to provide the speed development needs yet providing the audit, compliance and control needed for modern agile DevOps communities”.
AUTOMIC’s continued commitment to the DevOps market and the needs of clients as they embrace this transformative IT movement are highlighted with key capabilities that AUTOMIC Release Automation offers:
- Provisioning of Application Ready Infrastructure: Advanced orchestration allows new or existing infrastructure to be provisioned and dynamically scaled for deployment of new apps – whether on Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure or VMware private clouds – from the click of a button.
- Built-in Auto-rollback: Unforeseen issues discovered in a package at any stage in the deployment pipeline can immediately be fully rolled back pending investigation using the industry’s first built-in rollback capability.
- Multi-tenant Cloud Ready: Total cost of ownership is minimized by enabling separate teams to leverage different instances within the same multi-tenanted architecture.
- Portable Objects: Agility is maximized when code is insulated from the deployment model, enabling applications to be targeted to any application-ready cloud infrastructure – whether public or private.
- Smart Wizards: Smart wizards offer a rapid return on release automation investments guiding new users through the tasks of onboarding new applications and configuring their deployment pipeline.
- Zero-code Deployment Model: Current and future business demands for new apps and refreshes are met using the most robust and scalable deployment model in the industry.
- Snapshot and Compare: Validate and compare deployed components and even complete environments from live configuration data across multiple servers and environments
- Docker Support: Increase efficiency by orchestrating and dynamically updating containers and distributed applications built using Docker.
- Continuous Testing: Accelerate application delivery by plugging in and concatenating automated test plans and scenarios into the end-to-end deployment pipeline.
- Community Empowered Marketplace: Leverage new integrations and plugins created by AUTOMIC, partners and Community as soon as they become available on the AUTOMIC Marketplace – https://marketplace.automic.com
All action-packs are immediately available on the AUTOMIC Marketplace. AUTOMIC Release Automation V11.2 is available for general shipment at the end of October.