Actifio unveiled Actifio GO, a multi-cloud Copy Data Management SaaS platform, making it faster and simpler to backup and restore, accelerate DevOps and analytics initiatives and meet regulatory and compliance requirements for applications on premises and in multi-cloud environments.
A SaaS solution built on Actifio Sky software, Actifio GO enables enterprise backup, system, application or DevOps administrators operating in multi-cloud environments to focus on data management policies and simplify their operations by eliminating the management of software and infrastructure. To get started, visit ActifioGO.com.
Actifio GO not only addresses the need to contain copy data sprawl and reduce storage costs, but also meets the scale, speed and data transformation requirements across multiple cloud platforms, while delivering the low-friction cloud experience. Actifio GO accelerates customers' time to go-live by up to 17x, by eliminating the need to deploy and manage Copy Data Management software, by requiring no on-premises storage, and with a no-risk free trial, pay-per-use model and no lock-in -- not even to Actifio GO.
Actifio GO is the latest addition to the company's industry-leading Actifio Sky software portfolio, now providing customers the flexibility to use a SaaS solution to manage copy data in hybrid cloud or multi-cloud environments. The first in what will be a series of offerings is Actifio GO for VMware, a friction-free SaaS solution for enterprise backup administrators allowing them to focus on the backup policies and not on managing backup software or infrastructure. Key features include:
- One hour to go-live: Sign up, configure, backup, and restore in one hour.
- Five choices of multi-cloud backup targets: Backup to any of the major public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, and Wasabi.
- Zero on-premises storage: Industry's first direct-to-cloud backup, using Actifio OnVault technology, eliminating need for on-premises backup storage. Option to turn on local on-premises caching for applications and environments requiring local copies.
- Near-instant recovery: Recover VMs directly from cloud object storage back to on-premises, using the streaming network protocol and object storage data store format of Actifio's patented OnVault technology.
- Up to 40% lower costs: Lower infrastructure costs, lower operational costs and pay-per-use subscription pricing per VM.
Actifio GO will continue to expand the supported workloads, use cases and platforms to deliver operational simplicity and proven business value in the multi-cloud environments.
Ash Ashutosh, co-founder and CEO of Actifio, said, "We heard it loud and clear – our customers need to manage and instantly access their copy data in any cloud platform, for any multi-cloud application and have that 'self-service cloud experience.' Over three years, we worked closely with our customers and cloud partners to integrate pioneering multi-cloud operational automation technologies with our battle-tested data virtualization and data pipelining technologies. We then added everything we learned from our internal operations about making it easier for our users to learn, try, buy, go live and expand our solution. Today, we are announcing the result with another breakthrough solution, Actifio GO, to not only deliver an amazing user experience on every aspect of our customers' engagements with us, but also one that delivers the proven business value at cloud scale, cloud speed and cloud agility."