Appdome has integrated its platform with GitHub to build, scale, and deliver software.
CA Technologies announced the availability of CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition, and several new integrations across CA’s DevOps portfolio and third party solutions creating the first integrated, fully automated and open continuous delivery ecosystem.
Organizations can now connect and automate the entire app pipeline progression from development, to test, to production, to accelerate deployment times of applications by as much as 20 times* and improve testing efficiency by up to 25 percent.**
“To thrive in the application economy, digital transformation must be driven by continuous delivery — the ability to rapidly and reliably release applications that meet the demands of external and internal customers alike,” said Jeff Scheaffer, GM, Continuous Delivery, CA Technologies. “CA is the only DevOps solution provider that currently bridges development, testing, release management and operations in an open, seamless tool chain that helps organizations achieve entirely new levels of application delivery speed and quality.”
Develop Swiftly, Test Agilely and Release Reliably
As organizations progress on their digital transformation journey, the volume, velocity and complexity of applications continues to grow. “Businesses no longer have the luxury of time. Rising customer expectations, competitive threats, and increased consumer choice have turned rapid delivery and iteration of software applications into a competitive differentiator. Optimizing the delivery value chain has become the new means to better business outcomes,” according to Forrester Research.***
For application owners tasked with rapidly delivering innovative and inspiring applications, but struggling with constraints and dependencies across the software development lifecycle, CA helps eliminate these challenges by providing continuous delivery capabilities that enable organizations to improve release planning and orchestration, use agile testing to test less and cover more, provision data on demand and deploy simulated environments – all with zero touch workflow.
This is accomplished through:
- CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition is a premium module for CA Release Automation that enables zero-touch app progression and deployment. Its analytic capabilities enable DevOps teams to plan, manage, analyze and optimize the continuous delivery pipeline from a single control point.
- CA Agile Requirements Designer (formerly Grid-Tools Agile Designer) integration with CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) automatically creates test cases with maximum test coverage right from the requirements phase.
- CA Test Data Manager (formerly Grid-Tools Data Maker) integration with CA Agile Central reduces test cycle prep time by requesting and reserving test data from within CA Agile Central.
- CA Service Virtualization integration with CA Test Data Manager quickly generates realistic virtual data and injects the data directly into a deployed virtual service to improve the efficiency and quality of testing, while avoiding compliance risks.
- CA Release Automation integration with CA Test Data Manager automates the generation of proper test data based on proper test cases defined for a particular build for a faster, more optimized process.
- CA Application Test integrates with CA Agile Central so that the history of test cases can be viewed by the build number for the pipeline.
- CA Release Automation integration with CA Agile Central takes test results, and based upon the results, deploys to the next environment in the lifecycle.
- Integrations between CA API Management, CA Service Virtualization and CA Application Test enable development teams to automatically create the virtual services and API tests needed to support the rapid development of composite applications and microservices.
To help organizations leverage existing investments, CA’s continuous delivery solutions integrate easily with market tools such as HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Atlassian’s JIRA Software, Jenkins, Docker, Perfecto, Chef and Puppet for an open and fully integrated continuous delivery solution stack.
Release automation goes hand-in-hand with DevOps practices and Cloud technologies to ensure that organizations can deliver apps that provide the very best customer experiences and drive competitive advantage in today’s app-driven, cloud-connected, mobile-everything world. The open and flexible architecture of CA’s continuous delivery solutions can help organizations deploy applications to modern Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Skytap as a standard part of their app delivery practices.
DigiCert, announced a partnership with ReversingLabs to enhance software security by combining advanced binary analysis and threat detection from ReversingLabs with DigiCert's enterprise-grade secure code signing solution.
Semgrep announced that Semgrep Supply Chain is now free for all to use, up to a 10-contributor limit.
Checkmarx announced its new AI Query Builders and AI Guided Remediation to help development and AppSec teams more accurately discover and remediate application vulnerabilities.
Copado announced a technology partnership with nCino to provide financial institutions with proven tools for continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing of nCino features and functionality of the nCino cloud banking platform.
OpsMx announced extensions to OpsMx Intelligent Software Delivery (ISD) that make it a CI/CD solution designed for secure software delivery and deployment.
Couchbase announced a broad range of enhancements to its Database-as-a-Service Couchbase Capella™.
Remote.It release of Docker Network Jumpbox to enable zero trust container access for Remote.It users.
Platformatic launched a suite of new enterprise-grade products that can be self-hosted on-prem, in a private cloud, or on Platformatic’s managed cloud service:
Parasoft announced the release of C/C++test 2023.1 with complete support of MISRA C 2023 and MISRA C 2012 with Amendment 4.
Rezilion announced the release of its new Smart Fix feature in the Rezilion platform, which offers critical guidance so users can understand the most strategic, not just the most recent, upgrade to fix vulnerable components.
Zesty has partnered with skyPurple Cloud, the public cloud operations specialists for enterprises.
With Zesty, skyPurple Cloud's customers have already reduced their average monthly EC2 Linux On-Demand costs by 44% on AWS.
Red Hat announced Red Hat Trusted Software Supply Chain, a solution that enhances resilience to software supply chain vulnerabilities.
Mirantis announced Lens Control Center, to enable large businesses to centrally manage Lens Pro deployments by standardizing configurations, consolidating billing, and enabling control over outbound network connections for greater security.
Red Hat announced new capabilities for Red Hat OpenShift AI.