Docker has extended its strategic collaboration with Microsoft to simplify code to cloud application development for developers and development teams by more closely integrating with Azure Container Instances (ACI).
Atos and Red Hat announced a collaboration to deliver a new fully-managed cloud container solution – Atos Managed OpenShift (AMOS) – built on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
AMOS enables customers to create and run cloud-native applications and migrate legacy workloads on enterprise hybrid cloud environments, in a fully-managed service, leveraging the power of open source container technologies (Linux container technologies, Kubernetes). Because AMOS is built on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, a container-centric hybrid cloud solution, it can deliver the flexibility customers seek from cloud-native and container-based applications.
This new service is part of Atos Canopy Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, which provides businesses with highly industrialized and automated end-to-end Cloud services including application and infrastructure transformation and management.
Features and benefits the new service is designed to include:
- Fully-managed Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: enables reducing the time, cost and complexity required to manage and operate container technologies so businesses can focus on product creation.
- Deployable to multiple clouds: can be used across private, public and hybrid cloud landscapes.
- Complementary services and tools: a full development suite with a DevOps tool chain, enabling greater security risk compliance.
- Easier management of application development and delivery: stable platform with stronger security capabilities enables continuous creation, delivery, collaboration and development of apps across IT operational and development teams.
- Higher workload density with lower infrastructure costs
- Productivity increase and faster time-to-market
- Lower IT support time and costs
“Atos has created, in collaboration with Red Hat, a number of market solutions for clients to support them on their digital transformation journey. Based on those successes and considering the opportunities in the open source cloud market, we are excited to collaborate with Red Hat on this new opportunity,” said Ursula Morgenstern, EVP Atos Global Business & Platform Services, Atos.
“Together, Red Hat and Atos aim to accelerate the adoption of DevOps and agile application development and help transform operational capabilities to modernize applications on container technologies, deliver new microservices, and accelerate development processes. Red Hat looks forward to building on our successes and shared practices to provide a joint services framework that enables customer innovation across the hybrid cloud.” Arun Oberoi, EVP, Global Sales and Services, Red Hat.
This announcement represents a step change in the collaborative relationship which Atos and Red Hat have enjoyed for more than seven years. It is also the first development program from Atos’ new Cloud Engineering Centre of Excellence, which is focused on building and bringing compelling business solutions using trusted technology partners and portfolios, such as that of Red Hat.
Atos Managed OpenShift Service is expected to be available in early 2018.