The Cloud Native Computing Foundation® (CNCF®), which builds sustainable ecosystems for cloud native software, announced the graduation of Argo, which will join other graduated projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Envoy.
ArmorCode announced it has secured $3 million in seed financing led by Sierra Ventures with participation from Tau Ventures and Z5 Capital and individual investors including Andreas Kuehlmann (CEO, Tortuga Logic; former security executive at Synopsys) and Prithvi Rai (former Sr. Director of Security at Uber, Facebook, and Yahoo!).
Enterprises use ArmorCode to consolidate application security tooling, streamline application security processes, increase business agility, and improve developer productivity.
ArmorCode was founded in July 2020 by CEO Nikhil Gupta — the former VMware and Cisco executive most known for founding Avid Secure, an AI-powered enterprise cloud security posture management company acquired by Sophos — and seasoned CTO Anant Misra to help companies take charge of increasingly-complicated application security environments. According to Gartner, application security is one of the top three fastest-growing segments within cybersecurity.
"We have received consistent feedback from the CISO group of our CXO Advisory Board that they are overwhelmed by the volume and complexity of application security alerts," said Mark Fernandes, Managing Partner, Sierra Ventures. "ArmorCode is the most comprehensive solution in the space and the founding team has very relevant startup experience to tackle this significant problem. The rapid early bottoms-up customer adoption is validating our thesis."
The transition to agile development, the rise of microservices, and an increased reliance on cloud services for business operations due to the pandemic have contributed to an explosion in software development and a dramatic reduction in software delivery time. As the speed and complexity of application development skyrockets, application security professionals increasingly find themselves unable to keep up — and many are forced to piece together security tools as stopgaps. In addition, cybercrime is increasing partly due to the pandemic.
ArmorCode is a next-generation application security platform that consolidates three key AppSec needs into a single intelligent platform that minimizes tooling and alerts while maximizing agility, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. The ArmorCode platform includes:
- Application Security Posture Management
* Simplifies AppSec operations by providing a centralized view of all security findings across application and infrastructure security and enables a streamlined CI/CD pipeline
* Reduces the risk of security incidents by as much as 50% by normalizing, prioritizing, and correlating findings across various AppSec and infrastructure security tools
- DevSecOps Orchestration
* Offers a seamless DevSecOps workflow that fosters tighter collaboration between developers and AppSec engineers with 60+ integrations across leading AppSec, CI/CD, collaboration, and infrastructure security tools
- Continuous Compliance
* Out-of-the-box industry-standard compliances including SOC2, GDPR, FedRAMP, and OWASP Top 10, among others
* Continuous evaluation of application security controls and relevant security standards
"While software development releases have shrunk from years to hours, enterprise application security processes are still slow, antiquated, and chaotic. ArmorCode has designed a massively scalable agentless platform from the ground up to help modernize application security," said Nikhil Gupta, Co-founder and CEO of ArmorCode. "We already have a strong remote-first team of more than 25 members and this initial funding will enable us to realize our dream of democratizing application security."