GrammaTech announced a technology partnership with GitLab, the single application for the DevOps lifecycle.
Applitools announced a major new release of its Automated Visual AI Testing Platform, Version 10 of Applitools Eyes, which provides enterprise customers with new UI baseline management, team collaboration, expanded third-party tool integrations and improved analytics dashboards.
Launched in 2015 to complement automated testing and Application Development Management, and focusing on the user interface, Applitools uses sophisticated algorithms that imitate the human eye and brain with 99.999 percent accuracy. It helps test automation engineers, DevOps teams, developers, manual testers and business executives ensure a visually perfect user experience on every single browser and device.
Applitools Automated Visual AI Testing Platform v10 is available now.
In addition, Applitools also announced today a new category framework – Application Visual Management (AVM) – that encompasses a growing class of commercial and open source tools that now monitor, test and ensure the visual integrity of end-user visual interface. This AVM framework helps manage the UI during software pre-production, release and continuously in production environments where browsers, operating systems, microservices and dynamic content have created enormous complexity.
"Our vision at Applitools is to support an emerging and critical form of software testing and monitoring that uses automated Visual AI technology to create a visually perfect customer experience on every device, 24/7," said Gil Sever, CEO of Applitools. â€œTo better protect a brand's integrity in the era of digital transformation, this new release of Applitools Eyes will help large enterprise customers scale Application Visual Management practices across DevOps, CI and CD monitoring; front-end development and digital brand management for business leaders and designers."
Version 10 is a major step forward in addressing enterprise-grade scale, and new capabilities include:
- Improvements to the Visual AI Core: Applitools continues to advance its Visual AI technology with Version 10, providing a 99.999 percent accuracy rate based on its fast-growing and industry-leading data sets of automated visual AI tests. The company has executed nearly 100 million visual tests to date on its visual AI engine, analyzing billions of individual UX elements. Version 10 includes significant improvements to its Layout Algorithm for dynamic content use cases.
- New UI Analytics Dashboards: New Applitools Eyes analytics dashboards allow individual engineers, team leaders and business stakeholders to review analytics that surface root-cause visual test failures relevant to a specific environment. Users can review visual test execution status and baseline status updates, bugs squashed and coverage levels specific to individual tasks and test assignments. The new drill down capability also provides a more detailed analysis into a single test or single user view.
- Advancements in UI Baseline Management: Test automation engineers can now complete the test automation lifecycle with a visual component spanning hundreds of application UI baselines, for the entire R&D team across any branch, simultaneously.
New capabilities in Version 10 enable automated baseline updates for similar changes, and can ticket the UI bug or update the baseline with a single "accept" or "reject" command followed by a JIRA ticket. Testers also can see an aggregated view of all "similar" UI bugs, prioritized by frequency of occurrence, which can save dozens of hours per application release for a single user, and hundreds of hours during the pre-release phase for large teams.
- Team Collaboration and Ecosystem Integrations: Applitools Eyes now includes new collaboration features to help connect cross-functional teams and provide unified visibility of Visual Testing results based on existing CI, rendering services, bug tracking and collaboration tools – as well as most Appium orr Selenium test languages. New validation regions for test-step viewers allows users to provide context on potential UI issues to shorten release time. Major new integrations with MicroFocus and Slack (available in March) further support enterprise collaboration by seamlessly integrating with nearly every testing, development and delivery tool in the market today.
- Faster and Smarter Visual Test Management: With a 3X improvement to test execution time (individual tests now run in seconds, not minutes), Version 10 of Applitools Eyes is faster than ever. In addition, a new SDK is available for PDF forms, allowing customers that use these formats in highly regulated industries, such as financial services and healthcare, to leverage automated visual testing on PDF forms to check for compliance. XCTest Screenshots have also been added to extend visual test coverage to this screenshot type.