Around one in five business leaders indicating that their software budget had increased 50 percent or more over the past three years to support digital transformation projects. However, the increased software development investment has not translated to greater security budgets or awareness of the security risks insecure software introduces: only 50 percent of business leaders surveyed understand the risk that vulnerable software poses to their business, according to Securing the Digital Economy, a report from Veracode ...
Serena Software announced the introduction of the new release of Serena Release Control.
Serena Release Control (RLC) helps enterprises implement Release Management, DevOps and Application Release Automation practices by providing enterprise class process support, a powerful integration framework and full audit and compliance capabilities.
Highly regulated large enterprises (HRLEs) face unique constraints that make adoption of pure DevOps practices difficult. HRLEs face challenges of scale, application dependencies, resource pressures, complex application architectures, security and compliance concerns that don’t exist in smaller organizations. These organizations are increasingly looking to implement a multi-modal approach to application delivery and see release management and application release automation as a way to kick start their DevOps transformation, bridging the “Old with the New”, and integrating their development and release tool-chains.
“DevOps transformation programs often flounder without detailed goals and objectives. An area that can provide quick and tangible return on investment is the implementation of enterprise release processes. By standardizing the release process across multiple business units, organizations gain visibility, control, audit compliance and insight that is rarely available” said Julian Fish, Director of Products at Serena. “Providing end to end visibility of the entire SDLC, including details of all changes, issues, artifacts, test results, deployment activities and approvals included in a release has been proven to provide huge value across all levels of the organization for even the largest of enterprises” he added.
The latest version of Serena Release Control enables large enterprises to implement Release Management, DevOps and supports Multi-Modal delivery approaches, working on both distributed and mainframe platforms. With support for the latest Serena Business Manager platform and visual deployment path delivery across all environments, Release Control provides unrivaled process and integration capabilities.
Major new features of Serena Release Control include:
- Support for Serena Business Manager 11: Release Control 6.1.0 now supports Serena Business Manager 11.x. For a full list of new features in the Serena Business Manager 11 platform please refer to the product readme.
- Increased visibility into deployed artifacts: To increase insight into artifacts deployed across multiple environments, you can now view all deployment units deployed as part of a deployment path execution.
- Data synchronization improvements: You can now synchronize an API to the provider framework so that data can be refreshed directly from its source. Two new item transitions, Reload Deployment Unit Data and Reload Request Data have been implemented in the default Release Package process app on the Deployment Units and Requests tabs to facilitate this powerful new feature.
- CA Nolio provider plugin: As part of our continued support for third party execution systems, customers can now associate and execute CA Nolio deployment processes as part of their Release Control deployment process.
- Plug-in Support: Serena Release Control provides out of the box plug-ins that enable end-to-end application and infrastructure tool-chain automation. We continually add and enhance plug-ins to ensure integration for many products in your release management stack.
Serena Release Control is part of the Serena Release Management solution along with Serena Deployment Automation, which provides end-to-end application release management.