In my first blog in this series, I highlighted some of the main challenges teams face with trying to scale mainframe DevOps. To get past these hurdles, the key is to develop an incremental approach that enables teams to capture value along each step of the journey ...
Couchbase announced Couchbase Mobile 2.0.
Available today, the latest release offers enterprise developers SQL queries, Full-Text Search, synchronization, and end-to-end security among other features to easily mobilize business applications to create exceptional customer experiences and a more effective workforce. Companies across a range of industries, including Becton Dickinson (BD), Tommy Hilfiger, and Ryanair rely on Couchbase Mobile to extend their Couchbase deployments seamlessly to the edge, powering a consistent user experience across all touchpoints.
Couchbase Mobile extends the Couchbase Data Platform to the edge, securely managing and seamlessly syncing data from any cloud to all edge devices. Using Couchbase Mobile, organizations can build offline-first mobile applications with guaranteed data availability, irrespective of network connectivity or speed. Built-in enterprise-grade security from the cloud to the edge helps safeguard data while a consistent programming model for building web and mobile apps simplifies development. And with the flexibility to add capacity at every tier, enterprises can easily scale up and down as demand fluctuates.
The platform includes:
- Couchbase Server, a distributed NoSQL database for managing data in any cloud
- Couchbase Lite, an embedded NoSQL database for managing data locally on the device
- Sync Gateway, a secure web gateway that orchestrates data synchronization between Couchbase Lite and Couchbase Server
Some of the new features and associated benefits in Couchbase Mobile 2.0 include:
- SQL query and full-text search: Couchbase Lite now brings the power of SQL to the edge, giving developers the ability to run queries on embedded JSON data. Additionally, new Full-Text Search capabilities enable simple word or text search in data stored in Couchbase Lite.
- Data change events: Developers can listen and react to data, and query change events to create a richer, more reactive, and more engaging app experience.
- Replication over WebSocket: By leveraging WebSocket -- a standard technology for real-time bi-directional point to point communication between client and server -- replication is more efficient as it eliminates continuously polling the servers.
- Automatic conflict resolution: With Couchbase Lite 2.0, data conflicts are detected and automatically resolved.
- On-device replicas: An on-device replica enables data recovery on the edge.
Ravi Mayuram, SVP of Engineering and CTO, Couchbase, said: “With Couchbase Mobile 2.0, we are bringing some very exciting new capabilities to the edge that parallels what we have on Couchbase Server. For the first time, SQL queries and Full-Text Search are available on a NoSQL database running on the edge. Additionally, we’ve made programming much easier through thread and type safe database APIs, as well as automatic conflict resolution.