More than half of organizations have a dedicated DevOps team to help them better implement agile strategies, accelerate release cycles and ensure continuous development. However, databases have a habit of holding DevOps back ...
XebiaLabs announced its new “XebiaLabs DevOps Pack for Jenkins.”
Adding to XebiaLabs’ enterprise DevOps platform for Release Orchestration, Deployment Automation, and DevOps Intelligence, the XebiaLabs DevOps Pack for Jenkins provides everything enterprise DevOps teams need to make Jenkins pipelines an integrated part of their software delivery pipelines. As a result, Jenkins pipeline data is available to — and usable by — all types of team members involved in getting software from code to Production.
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform connects the entire software delivery pipeline from end to end, and with the new XebiaLabs DevOps Pack for Jenkins, development pipelines managed in Jenkins can now automatically become an integral part of the larger enterprise software delivery pipeline — instantly viewable by all teams in an organization.
- Easily connect Jenkins to all teams in the release pipeline – XebiaLabs offers a single pane of glass that provides visibility not only into Jenkins, but into Jenkins data in the context of the complete DevOps pipeline, from Dev to Test to Staging to Production. Users across the business can instantly see feature status and bottlenecks. “DevOps as Code” capabilities allow developers to control XebiaLabs pipelines through the CLI, while less technical team members can view and modify release activities using the easy-to-use XebiaLabs GUI.
- Connect all your Jenkins pipelines to your full release pipelines, and see dependencies between components – XebiaLabs makes it easy to coordinate feature delivery from code to Production, across multiple dynamic pipelines, processes, and tools. Designed to orchestrate both manual and automated tasks, the platform automatically accounts for necessary re-work, failed tests, dependencies, scope changes, and time shifts, across all tools; it even synchronizes issue tracking and ITSM tickets with the latest release flow.
- Enforce compliance and support audits, without creating manual work and interrupting developers from their coding. The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform automates and enforces compliance steps, and captures the chain of custody from build all the way to release. XebiaLabs automatically collects the necessary compliance data from all tools used in the release pipelines and provides clear visibility for everyone, including audit, compliance, and security teams.
- Self-service deploy code to Production, on any platform, so new features get to users fast. XebiaLabs automates the whole process from code to Production, so DevOps teams have a direct but controlled pathway to release features. As part of the automated process, teams can easily and automatically provision and deploy to any environment, from containers to mainframes to mobile, with rollbacks built in—no need to script and re-script every step.
The “XebiaLabs DevOps Pack for Jenkins” is designed to simplify and streamline the use of Jenkins as a part of the overall DevOps pipeline, from Dev to Test to User Acceptance to Production. It includes:
- Jenkins Pipeline Radar – monitor Jenkins pipelines and integrate their live running data directly with the entire DevOps pipeline, where it can be viewed, analyzed, and reported on by everyone involved in the release
- DevOps for Jenkins Blueprints – get reusable blueprints that offer DevOps teams best-practice, end-to-end enterprise DevOps pipelines and that automatically integrate existing Jenkins development pipelines
- Risk Scoring for Jenkins Pipelines – assess the risk of running Jenkins pipelines in real time, and correlate it with risk from tasks in other tools to create an overall risk score. Release managers will always know which steps and releases are heading for trouble.
- Release Orchestration for Jenkins – use a pre-built integration to easily orchestrate Jenkins tasks as part of the enterprise release pipeline, and for Jenkins to kick off steps in the pipeline
- Deployment Automation for Jenkins – use a pre-built integration to provide agentless, model-based deployments to any environment, with reusable templates and without scripting
- Compliance Dashboard for Jenkins – view risk scores calculated for each Jenkins pipeline and for the aggregate release, and ensure that compliance and security procedures are followed
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform makes Jenkins accessible to everyone in the organization and connects Jenkins to all of the tools in the DevOps pipeline. As a result, IT teams can automatically comply with IT governance and audit requirements, streamline self-service deployments, and accelerate the delivery of new features into Production.