Red Hat announced Red Hat OpenShift 4.7, the latest version of the company’s enterprise Kubernetes platform.
VictorOps announced the Incident Automation Engine, a set of features for on-call teams to automate their way to faster mean time to resolution (MTTR) through use of intelligent alerts, sophisticated routing, and smarter system outputs.
The VictorOps Incident Automation Engine provides control and insight throughout the entire incident lifecycle via a combination of intelligent system inputs and actionable outputs. The Incident Automation Engine automatically quiets the noise of unnecessary alerts, delivers remediation solutions alongside alerts, and provides visibility into and documentation of all communications and actions that occurred during an incident.
Additionally, through the use of outbound webhooks, the entire VictorOps solution can now be configured to send data to other tools in real-time, enabling users to do everything from automatically fixing standard issues to customizing dashboards.
“More and more often, the best way to speed organizational innovation is by enabling developers to move quickly,” said Todd Vernon, VictorOps CEO and co-founder. “When it comes to a company’s uptime, this same concept applies. Today valuable time is lost with archaic alerting systems and manual processes. The [Incident Automation] Engine now becomes a foundation to automate out these inefficiencies, gain clearer access to actionable information and continuously evaluate and improve the inputs driving on-call processes.”
Key features of the Incident Automation Engine include:
- Alert Transformations- Quiet unactionable alerts and automatically route specific alerts to the correct team members.
- Alert Annotations- Automatically append alerts with runbooks, monitoring graphs and other relevant information, giving the alert recipient immediate remediation steps.
- Outbound Webhooks- Extend VictorOps platform data into other systems and integrate VictorOps incidents into other service dashboards.
- API- Leverage the VictorOps API to extend VictorOps to existing legacy tools and reporting systems.
- Post-Mortem Report Generator- Automatically pull a snapshot of all activities (alerts, conversations and remediation actions) associated with an outage. Easily use this data to report on SLAs and facilitate team retrospectives.
The functionality delivered as part of the Incident Automation Engine is now available in the Enterprise edition of the VictorOps product.