SonarSource added over 5,000 customers in the last 12 months, reaching the 15,000 commercial customers milestone in record time.
Sourcegraph secured $23 million in Series B funding led by Craft Ventures with participation from earlier investors Redpoint Ventures, Goldcrest Capital and others.
Sourcegraph Universal Code Search enables developers to explore and better understand all code, everywhere, faster - improving developer productivity with code navigation and contextual code intelligence.
"With more code, languages, and systems to integrate than ever before, the job of the developer is exponentially more difficult than 5-10-15 years ago," said Quinn Slack, CEO and co-founder of Sourcegraph. "Universal Code Search is the only solution that lets developers stay on top of this ever-growing complexity by giving them the ability to search, understand and fix problems across the entire codebase."
"Sourcegraph is mission-critical enterprise software for development teams," said David Sacks, co-founder and general partner at Craft Ventures. "What captured our attention is the bottom-up adoption among developers at major enterprises like Uber, Lyft, Yelp, Convoy and SoFi, where the majority use Sourcegraph for Universal Code Search every day. It's rare that you see enterprise software with the engagement levels of social networking sites."
Universal Code Search's core capabilities include:
- Code search: the essential task of all developers to quickly find, understand and change all of the code that they are responsible for -- including the activities of code discovery, code intelligence and code change management.
- Code navigation: guided travel to find specific code via ad-hoc query.
- Code exploration: find both known and unknown code, with code intelligence providing the contextual understanding.
- Code discovery: navigate, explore and understand the code you are looking for, even if you didn't know it existed.
- Code intelligence: display and share additional contextual information around code.
- Code change management: automate large-scale code changes with campaigns.
To be effective, code search must be universal across six dimensions: all repositories; all programming languages; all code changes (commits, branches and forks); all file formats; all developer tools; and all code hosts and editors.