Red Hat introduced Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9, the Linux operating system designed to drive more consistent innovation across the open hybrid cloud, from bare metal servers to cloud providers and the farthest edge of enterprise networks.
Felicis Ventures has invested an additional $5M in Sourcegraph, bringing the total raised to over $46M, including a $23M Series B in March 2020 led by Craft Ventures.
With this momentum and the investment, Sourcegraph is improving to provide universal code search to every developer:
- Building cloud-hosted universal code search (right now, you need to self-host Sourcegraph to use it on private code)
- Making virtually all public code searchable on Sourcegraph Cloud by anyone (right now, it only has popular open-source projects)
- Scaling up our Customer Engineering team to help people spread Sourcegraph to the rest of their company
- Collaborating with popular open source projects to enable really good code search for each project
- Starting outreach to students and universities so students can better find answers to their code questions and more quickly learn about codebases