SnapRoute announced the availability of its Cloud Native Network Operating System (CN-NOS).
Built on a containerized, microservices architecture, SnapRoute's CN-NOS creates enhanced network agility, integrates networking natively into DevOps environments, and enables operational effectiveness to drive rapid, secure, and efficient application deployment and business performance.
"SnapRoute's CN-NOS is the only network operating system (NOS) that gives companies the agility to rapidly deliver new services and applications in a reliable and secure manner as business dynamics evolve and change. This is achieved through groundbreaking architectural innovation that brings cloud native principles and methods to networking for the first time," said Dom Wilde, SnapRoute CEO.
SnapRoute's cloud-native innovations resolve the inherent inflexibility of legacy monolithic network operating systems, enabling operational teams to align with and respond more quickly to business demands.
SnapRoute's CN-NOS leverages a containerized, microservices architecture and embedded Kubernetes to transform the network from static and brittle to dynamic and agile, delivering the operational capabilities to:
- Add & upgrade features and fixes in real-time without downtime requirements, eliminating the need for scheduled maintenance windows
- Remove, not just disable, unused services to reduce security exposure and the threat surface of the network operating system
- Assure compliance at any time with the ability to surgically replace only vulnerable services in real-time
- Leverage native DevOps toolchains to automate and control network attributes that support the rapid roll out of applications
- Radically simplify the operational tasks needed for NetOps teams to support application roll outs
As a result, SnapRoute's CN-NOS enables businesses to:
- Accelerate application deployment by 10x
- Eliminate network maintenance windows and patch vulnerabilities
- Reduce security exposures and improve time to fix by 99 percent
- Ensure network compliance at all times
- Reduce administrator to platform ratio by 5x