Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. has been recognized as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Zero Trust Platform Providers, Q3 2023 report.
Sauce Labs and TestRail announced an integration to enable engineering and product teams to accelerate digital innovation without prohibitively increasing risk.
The combined power of Sauce Labs and TestRail provides engineers with fast feedback for fail-fast approaches from the command line that save both engineering time and headaches. As framework and programming-language-agnostic platforms, engineering teams can bring any test case and script to this converged platform solution and gain a single source of QA truth. This approach not only streamlines requirements traceability but also enables engineering teams to unify test results for valuable insights and AI tools, optimizing cost-efficiency and time to market.
“Engineering teams on large or complex projects often struggle to incorporate a consistent quality practice into their development cycle when release velocity is of utmost importance. It’s difficult to know which requirements are critical to test that give them confidence their releases will work the first time a user experiences it. Engineers need confidence that each code change can be released safely into production,” explains Mike Donovan, VP of product at Sauce Labs. “With the TestRail integration, Sauce Labs users are assured of having both enough test coverage and confidence in their releases, all through a single pane of glass. Early and continuous feedback loops optimize test efficiency, speed, accuracy and stability. This is particularly advantageous for any organization that incorporates automated testing into their compliance, security, and legal requirements.”
By connecting test management with test automation and orchestration, TestRail and Sauce Labs users gain end-to-end traceability and unified test insights, helping them make data-driven decisions about shipping with quality at speed. With better collaboration, transparency, and confidence early in the lifecycle, it becomes easier for engineering and product leaders to approve greater investment in test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
“The TestRail and Sauce Labs integration is an innovative solution that addresses the complex challenges of automated testing,” said George Eggers, GM of TestRail. “Together, our tools enable teams to reduce the time and resources required for testing without compromising on quality. This is a win-win solution that ultimately gives QA teams the ability to focus on improving user experiences.”
Key Features of the Integration:
- Single Source of Truth: TestRail serves as a centralized platform for managing all tests and test results. By reporting test automation results alongside manual test results in TestRail, teams benefit from a unified repository and history of all testing efforts.
- Enhanced Visibility and Reporting: Real-time visualization of test data helps identify areas of risk. The integration allows the entire QA team to access up-to-date testing information, regardless of who executed the tests. TestRail's built-in reports help isolate problems and optimize quality processes.
- End-to-End Traceability: TestRail enables reporting on traceability between development requirements, automated tests run in Sauce Labs, and defects. This ensures compliance for audits and security requirements while leveraging the power of continuous testing.
- Improved Collaboration: Tracking all test activities and quality metrics in TestRail fosters transparency and visibility in QA. Teams can easily access all test results, whether manual or automated, in one place, enabling quick issue identification and resolution.
- Streamlined Testing: By using Sauce Labs for automated tests and integrating it with TestRail, teams can speed up the process of building, maintaining, and reporting on automated tests. This saves time and effort, allowing teams to focus on improving software quality.
- Test Orchestration: The integration supports test orchestration for web and mobile applications using Sauce Orchestrate. Teams can bring any test suite, framework or language.
With the Sauce Labs and TestRail integration, organizations run automated tests using the saucectl CLI tool provided by Sauce Labs and then utilize TestRail's CLI tool to upload the test automation results to TestRail. The process seamlessly consolidates all test results into TestRail, creating a unified repository for all testing efforts and test artifacts. Organizations will benefit from the elimination of testing silos, gain a comprehensive view of their testing activities, and drive efficiency in their testing processes.