Red Hat introduced Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.1and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.7.
Redpanda launched the general availability of its Redpanda Cloud managed service.
Redpanda Cloud delivers 10x faster tail latencies than other streaming data platforms and easily scales to tens of gigabytes per second. Complete with developer tools, connectors and SOC 2 Type 1 certification necessary to run mission-critical Kafka workloads at scale, Redpanda Cloud also comes with an innovative cloud-first storage capability that significantly reduces data storage costs.
“At Redpanda we’ve been all about solving the limitations of legacy streaming data platforms,” said Alex Gallego, founder and CEO of Redpanda. “We started by reducing the complexity of these distributed systems, then tackled the inconsistent performance that plagues Java-based approaches. With our new cloud-first storage we’ve solved the high costs, which were perhaps the biggest barrier to adopting streaming data. Now, with Redpanda Cloud we bring all our innovations together in an easy-to-use fully managed cloud service that is both faster and less expensive for high-throughput use cases.”
Redpanda Cloud makes it easy to comply with data sovereignty laws and compliance regulations. It offers a unique Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC) deployment option where Redpanda runs in the customer’s own VPC and is managed remotely by Redpanda support teams. This ensures that the customer’s data and underlying security credentials are not stored in any Redpanda infrastructure.
In a few clicks, users can deploy Kafka API-compatible Redpanda clusters within their own cloud accounts or in a dedicated Redpanda environment, on cloud providers of their choice.
Significant advantages of Redpanda Cloud include:
- Fully Managed: A zero-operations cloud for Kafka workloads, Redpanda takes care of resource automation, patching, performance monitoring, and cluster maintenance so development teams can focus instead on engineering their applications and data pipelines.
- 10x Faster: Based on Redpanda’s high-performance streaming data platform, Redpanda Cloud instances deliver predictable tail latencies that are at least 10x faster than Apache Kafka, even as workloads scale to gigabytes of data per second.
- Data Sovereignty and SOC 2 Type 1 Compliance: Redpanda Cloud employs a privacy-preserving architecture that makes it easy to build streaming data clusters that comply with data sovereignty laws and compliance regulations.
- Integrated Redpanda Console: Redpanda Cloud eliminates development bottlenecks by baking the capabilities of its popular developer console directly into the cloud experience.
- Built-in, Fully Managed Connectors: Redpanda Cloud includes integrated connectors and fully manages them within the cloud experience.
- Infinite Data Retention with Tiered Storage: Users can retain petabytes of data more cost effectively by leveraging built-in data tiering capabilities that support infinite data retention without impacting read performance.
The company also announced the release of Redpanda 2022.3. This latest release separates compute and storage by making cloud object stores the default storage for all streaming data, including compacted topics, and unifies the data retention controls so that administrators and application developers can apply standard Kafka data retention properties to customize data retention behavior.
Behind the scenes, the Redpanda platform intelligently manages the data archival, uses read-ahead caching and bulk transfers to protect latency and employs two-level indexing to maintain optimal performance at scale, enabling access to infinite data storage, without complexity and without breaking the bank.
Redpanda’s cloud-first approach persists to cloud storage even actively used topics that are fully self-contained and portable, making the data available to capabilities such as tiered storage, remote read replicas and disaster recovery – even when the original source cluster is no longer running. Cloud-first storage will also help to future-proof system resources, enabling such advanced use cases as migration to other clouds and support for new downstream applications.
Redpanda 2022.3 also brings into general availability transactions with a 10X throughput improvement, self-healing multi-AZ data balancing and uniform security across all Redpanda endpoints.