Couchbase announced a broad range of enhancements to its Database-as-a-Service Couchbase Capella™.
Red Hat announced the general availability of Migration Toolkit for Applications 6, based on the open source project Konveyor, aimed at helping customers accelerate large-scale application modernization efforts.
The toolkit enables customers to better assess, prioritize and modernize their applications across hybrid cloud environments on Red Hat OpenShift.
With Migration Toolkit for Applications and related services and offerings, Red Hat is helping customers modernize applications at their speed and on their timelines.
Migration Toolkit for Applications is an integrated assembly of tools that support Java application modernization and migration projects at scale across a broad range of use cases. Now designed to help migration leads and developers find the best and most reliable modernization path forward, Migration Toolkit for Applications 6 includes:
- New application inventory and assessment modules that assist organizations in managing, classifying and tagging their applications while assessing application suitability for deployment in containers, including flagging potential risks for migration strategies.
- Full integration with source code and binary repositories to automate the retrieval of applications for analysis along with proxy integration including HTTP and HTTPS proxy configuration managed in the user interface.
- Improved analysis capabilities with new analysis modes, including source and dependency modes that parse repositories to gather dependencies and add them to the overall scope of the analysis. There is also a simplified user experience to configure the analysis scope, including open source libraries.
- Enhanced RBAC powered by Red Hat Single Sign-On, defining three new differentiated personas with different permissions to suit the needs of each user—administrator, architect and migrator—including credentials management for multiple credential types.
- Administrator perspective to provide tool-wide configuration management for administrators.
Kubernetes is fueled by a vibrant open source community and to further drive adoption, Red Hat and IBM Research created Konveyor. Konveyor is an open source project aimed at helping modernize and migrate applications for open hybrid cloud deployments by building tools, identifying patterns and providing advice on bringing cloud-native transformation across IT. The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) project forms the foundation for Migration Toolkit for Applications and with this set of tools, organizations can have deeper insight throughout their adoption process—whether they’re making decisions at the portfolio or application level.
Remote.It release of Docker Network Jumpbox to enable zero trust container access for Remote.It users.
Platformatic launched a suite of new enterprise-grade products that can be self-hosted on-prem, in a private cloud, or on Platformatic’s managed cloud service:
Parasoft announced the release of C/C++test 2023.1 with complete support of MISRA C 2023 and MISRA C 2012 with Amendment 4.
Rezilion announced the release of its new Smart Fix feature in the Rezilion platform, which offers critical guidance so users can understand the most strategic, not just the most recent, upgrade to fix vulnerable components.
Zesty has partnered with skyPurple Cloud, the public cloud operations specialists for enterprises.
With Zesty, skyPurple Cloud's customers have already reduced their average monthly EC2 Linux On-Demand costs by 44% on AWS.
Red Hat announced Red Hat Trusted Software Supply Chain, a solution that enhances resilience to software supply chain vulnerabilities.
Mirantis announced Lens Control Center, to enable large businesses to centrally manage Lens Pro deployments by standardizing configurations, consolidating billing, and enabling control over outbound network connections for greater security.
Red Hat announced new capabilities for Red Hat OpenShift AI.
Pipedrive announced the launch of Developer Hub, a centralized online app development platform for technology partners and developers.
Delinea announced the latest version of Cloud Suite, part of its Server PAM solution, which provides privileged access to and authorization for servers.
Red Hat announced Red Hat Service Interconnect, simplifying application connectivity and security across platforms, clusters and clouds.
Teleport announced Teleport 13, the latest version of its Teleport Access Platform to enhance security and reduce operational overhead for DevOps teams responsible for securing cloud infrastructure.
Kasten by Veeam announced the release of its new Kasten K10 V6.0 Kubernetes data protection platform.
Red Hat announced Red Hat Developer Hub, an enterprise-grade, unified and open portal designed to streamline the development process through a supported and opinionated framework.