Red Hat announced a multi-stage alliance to offer customers a greater choice of operating systems to run on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
Red Hat announced an expansion of its open solutions publicly available in AWS Marketplace, a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Furthering Red Hat’s commitment to customer choice and flexibility across the open hybrid cloud, customers can now use committed AWS spend to purchase and run Red Hat offerings directly through AWS Marketplace. This provides customers with an easier path to digital transformation and more efficient operations, while being better able to meet dynamic market demands.
Any organization seeking to build an open foundation on the cloud can now turn to solutions delivered directly by Red Hat.
As enterprises seek to address growing operational complexity and user demands through cloud services, Red Hat continues to add managed services that address an extensive list of hybrid cloud requirements. Red Hat OpenShift Data Science is now publicly listed in AWS Marketplace as a limited release, with full general availability in the coming weeks. Red Hat OpenShift Data Science, supported on Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA), is a fully-managed cloud service that provides data scientists and developers with a consistent, powerful artificial intelligence and machine-learning (AI/ML) platform for building intelligent applications.
Red Hat OpenShift Data Science includes added features such as:
- Machine learning operations (MLOps) capabilities, including an expanded user interface for machine learning projects to enhance collaboration, model building and model serving among data scientists.
- NVIDIA AI Enterprise software, certified to run on Red Hat OpenShift, includes key enabling technologies for the rapid deployment, management and scaling of AI workloads.
- Pre-integrated support for Pachyderm to build and scale containerized, data-driven ML pipelines with a data lineage provided by automatic data versioning. Pachyderm joins other AI/ML partners, including Anaconda, IBM, Intel and Starburst, in supporting Red Hat OpenShift Data Science.
In addition, Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka is also publicly available in AWS Marketplace. Designed to make it easier for developers to create, discover and connect to real-time data streams regardless of where they exist, Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka enables developers to focus on building better applications faster, without having to worry about the underlying requirements of data collection and processing.
A flexible, open Linux foundation is critical for hybrid cloud transformation, with Red Hat Enterprise Linux providing the backbone for many organizations as they work to evolve into digital-first organizations. Multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux offerings are now available directly in AWS Marketplace, including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Workstations on AWS, newly launched, provides a Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Workstations experience optimized for high-end workloads like data visualization, animation and visual effects, medical imaging and more, without user hardware or space requirements. Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Workstations is available in AWS Marketplace for GPU instances with NVIDIA RTX Virtual Workstation for professional design and visualization workloads powered by NVIDIA Data Center GPUs. Find Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Workstations in AWS Marketplace with support for both GRID and Tesla drivers.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions, which delivers an operating system foundation tailored to the needs of SAP workloads such as S/4HANA and SAP HANA.
Additionally, pre-configured and optimized Red Hat Enterprise Linux images for specific workloads are also available, including for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 with SQL Server 2019 Standard. No matter the Red Hat Enterprise Linux solution chosen, each is backed by Red Hat’s enterprise-level support and expertise, which includes a detailed knowledge base, regular security errata and more.
As the number, scale and diversity of IT environments grow, so does the complexity. Automation tooling is vital in helping IT teams keep pace with user demands, especially an automation platform that can be consistent across environments. Red Hat announced Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform in AWS Marketplace, delivering the same automation solution trusted by tens of thousands of IT teams to public cloud environments. Rather than having to learn a new, siloed tool, automation experts can use the same capabilities and features that they already understand across the entirety of the hybrid cloud, bringing consistency and sanity to their operations.
As organizations modernize their infrastructures, many IT teams have mandates to host their Java workloads in the cloud. Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) offers Java developers powerful management and automation capabilities designed to improve productivity, and a lightweight architecture for building and deploying modern cloud-native applications.
Red Hat JBoss EAP is a pay-as-you-go Red Hat offering for application services publicly available in AWS Marketplace. Customers are able to apply committed AWS spend on Red Hat solutions through AWS Marketplace, with no existing Red Hat subscription required, reducing costs and expanding their capabilities while using existing investments. This consumption model provides customers with a frictionless way to move existing applications to the cloud, while retaining support from Red Hat for updates, upgrades and servicing.
Red Hat is committed to making it easier for customers to purchase and deploy Red Hat solutions. To further support customers across hybrid cloud environments, Red Hat is introducing flexible methods of purchasing and deploying Red Hat solutions in the cloud. This includes investing in native offerings with public cloud providers, such as Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS, channel enablement programs and solution availability in the major cloud marketplaces. With these updated purchasing models, Red Hat intends to enable customers and partners to consume Red Hat solutions in the ways best suited for their IT and business needs.