Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. announced its position as a leading vendor in GigaOm’s inaugural Radar for Cloud Network Security.
Rancher Labs announced the general availability of Rancher, open-source container management software that makes it easy to deploy and manage containers in production.
With Rancher, organizations can accelerate all aspects of their software development pipeline, from writing and testing code to running complex microservices-based applications.
“Organizations are increasingly adopting containers to improve the development and delivery of all types of applications. With this surge of adoption, there is going to be a variety of container technologies and environments in play for any organization,” said Judith Hurwitz, President and CEO, Hurwitz & Associates. “The hurdle to date has been in finding a management platform that supports all of the major orchestration frameworks and can run on any cloud or on-premise infrastructure. Rancher Labs has adopted a compelling approach to addressing this problem with its platform.”
Rancher is easy to use, simple to set up and has a straightforward UI for managing applications and infrastructure. It allows teams to select from multiple container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes and Docker Swarm, while maintaining a single management experience. Rancher is the only container management platform to implement a cloud-agnostic infrastructure services layer that works across any public or private cloud, or traditional data center. The platform works across cloud and data center boundaries, and its load balancing and persistent storage services function uniformly on any computing resources.
Rancher allows organizations to gain visibility, manage policies and exert control of containers and infrastructure spread across different teams within an organization. It also enables IT to improve deployment reliability, orchestrate software upgrades, and improve the utilization of infrastructure resources.
Rancher provides organizations the following benefits:
- Cluster management – enables organizations to deploy and run an unlimited number of Kubernetes and Docker Swarm clusters
- A complete UI – making it possible for teams to deploy applications and get visibility into their container operations
- Hybrid deployments – supporting infrastructure running on any public or private cloud, including both virtual and physical hosts
- Critical infrastructure and security services – providing all of the services necessary for enterprise Docker deployments, such as host management, role-based access control, cross cloud networking, and persistent storage services
- Powerful application catalog – providing organizations with a comprehensive self-service catalog for sharing Kubernetes and Docker Compose templates, automating application deployments and upgrades for complex application stacks such as Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.
“Since announcing our beta product less than a year ago, Rancher Labs has experienced incredible demand, as well as received encouraging and helpful feedback and community support for this open platform which has enabled us to make meaningful enhancements to Rancher,” said Sheng Liang, CEO, Rancher Labs. “Now, with well over a million downloads, Rancher has quickly become the platform of choice for teams serious about running containers in production.”
DevOps teams use Rancher to automate all aspects of running containers throughout the application lifecycle. From developers writing code on their laptops, to building and packaging software, deploying test environments, and deploying and upgrading applications in production, Rancher allows DevOps teams to improve development velocity and reliability.