Spectro Cloud announced a major new release of its Palette Edge platform.
Quest Software announced three new updates to the Toad product family, including Toad Edge v1.2, Toad Data Point v4.3 and Toad Intelligence Central v4.3.
The new release of Toad Edge simplifies the development and management of next-generation open source database platforms, with added support for MariaDB and MySQL instances running on Microsoft Azure. Toad Data Point v4.3 and Toad Intelligence Central v4.3 feature several new capabilities designed to simplify and automate data preparation, visualization and provisioning for data analysts, regardless of data source or location, on-premises or in the cloud.
Toad Edge is a lightweight, flexible and extensible commercial toolset designed to minimize the learning curve for developers and database administrators (DBAs) working in open-source relational database environments. Features like object and user management, query monitoring, schema compare and sync, database snapshots and data import/export make it easy to develop and manage open source relational database environments; while a Continuous Integration plug-in compatible with Jenkins, one of the leading DevOps automation servers, allows users to easily integrate database tasks with DevOps workflows.
The newest release of Toad Edge v1.2 includes added support for multiple result sets and spatial data types. Support for MariaDB v10.1, in addition to MySQL instances running in Microsoft Azure, has also been added for greater platform flexibility.
With Toad Data Point and Toad Intelligence Central, Quest gives data analysts the one-two punch needed to simplify this process by providing limitless data connectivity, visual query building, data integration, and flexible import/export reporting. All of this is enabled via workflow automation across data platforms – from relational databases and non-database sources to non-SQL systems and the cloud.
Featuring a re-architected pivot grid, expanded automation capabilities, and the ability to manage published items directly through a web browser, the enhanced Toad Data Point v4.3 and Toad Intelligence Central v4.3 make it even easier for analysts to prep and report on data across all of their database platforms and sources.
Key features and benefits for Toad Data Point v4.3 include:
- Re-architected pivot grid provides a much simpler workflow that allows analysts the ability to add calculated columns.
- Enhanced Excel export capabilities enable the user to export data directly to an Excel Pivot table on demand or with automated actions.
- Enhancements to dimensional viewer make it easier than ever to group, filter, aggregate, and pivot one query result set into multiple meaningful views.
Key features and benefits of Toad Intelligence Central 4.3 include:
- Web console-based editing: Allows for simple and convenient revision of published and shared diagrams, visual queries, automation, SQL files and other artifacts.
- New administrative health check reporting: Makes it simple for customers to manage Toad Intelligence Central deployments and ensure data integrity.
- Dynamic cross-query enhancements: Increases the performance of Toad Intelligence Central and reduces response times for complex cross platform/database queries.
“Today’s IT teams – from DBAs to developers to data analysts – are facing a continuously shifting and unpredictable database management environment, making it difficult to manage both on-premises and heterogeneous, cloud-based databases that power their organizations business-critical applications,” said Patrick O’Keeffe, Executive Director, Software Engineering, Quest Software. “No one understands this better than Quest, and the new Toad product releases prepare database and data pros with the toolset needed to successfully manage their ever-changing database landscape.”
Toad Edge v1.2, Toad Intelligence Central v4.3 and Toad Data Point v4.3 are generally available.