ShiftLeft released a new version of NextGen Static Analysis (NG SAST), including new workflows, purpose-built for developers that significantly improve security, while enhancing productivity.
Quest Software announced the availability of Toad Edge, a new commercial database toolset that makes it easy for development teams and database administrators (DBAs) to develop and manage next-generation open source database environments.
With the first release supporting MySQL, Toad Edge saves time, minimizes the MySQL learning curve, and mitigates risks that can be associated with building applications on an open source database platform.
Key features of the new Toad Edge toolset include:
- Simplicity – Reduces the time and effort required to develop, manage and maintain open source database environments with an easy-to-adopt approach to development and administration.
- Schema Compare Capability – Empowers users to identify and manage differences and initiate changes in real time with fully-customizable, dynamic schema compare.
- Advanced JSON Editing – Makes it simple to explore, edit and work with complex JSON data.
- File System Synchronization – Keeps all of your scripts up-to-date with a single click and ensures all of your changes are flagged and captured, regardless of the version control system you use.
- DevOps Process Integration – Ensures the database development process can keep up with its vital role in overall business operations through support of DevOps tools like the Jenkins Continuous Integration server, thus reducing the time between database and application development and deployment.
- OS flexibility – Supports both Windows and Mac OS.
“Over the last year, we’ve seen an increase in open source databases for new application development as well as extensions to legacy applications – both deemed mission-critical,” said Greg Davoll, Executive Director of Product Management and Marketing at Quest. “With this new addition to the Toad solutions, we are addressing this need. Toad Edge delivers many of the outstanding productivity-boosting features that we’re known for – making it easier than ever for developers and DBAs to ramp-up and transition to MySQL.”
Toad Edge is available now.