Red Hat announced new end-to-end Kubernetes-native decision management capabilities as part of the latest release of Red Hat Process Automation.
Pegasystems announced the latest evolution of its Pega Infinity software suite to help speed and simplify digital transformation (DT) initiatives, Pega Infinity version 8.6.
With enhanced low-code, intelligent automation, and AI capabilities, Pega Infinity version 8.6 empowers business users to deliver differentiated user experiences with powerful development capabilities that deliver DT at scale for even the largest and most sophisticated global enterprises.
The new version of Pega Infinity helps businesses crush the deep complexity that stands in the way of successful DT with a Center-out™ approach. The latest enhancements help improve back-end process efficiencies, streamline front-end customer service processes and interfaces, and enable real 1:1 customer engagement to drive meaningful and lasting transformation. With the speed, scale, and flexibility of Pega Infinity, employees can work smarter to drive impactful outcomes, while end customers can enjoy faster, easier, and more personalized experiences that help increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Available by the end of this quarter, Pega Infinity 8.6 will feature new enhancements to Pega Platform™, Pega Customer Service™, and Pega Customer Decision Hub™ that enable business leaders to:
Accelerate time to market with new app development, design, and process orchestration capabilities for both professional and citizen developers in Pega Platform, such as:
- Easy-to-design UIs – New low-code capabilities in Pega Platform help enable both professional and citizen developers to easily design exceptional modern user interfaces for their apps. By complementing enhanced front-end design features with proven back-end processing abilities, Pega empowers enterprises to create sophisticated yet simple user experiences on a single low-code platform. For more detailed information, click on our companion announcement released today.
- Self-optimizing AI-powered process optimization – Pega Process AI brings Pega’s market-leading AI and decisioning capabilities together with Pega’s low-code process automation software to help organizations optimize their business and customer operations in real time. This native combination of intelligence and automation delivers the only solution that can self-optimize and intelligently triage millions of incoming customer requests, transactions, and other events at enterprise scale. This helps enable fast and effective event resolutions while helping lower operating costs and simplify employee and customer experiences. For more details, click on our previous announcement on this feature.
- Workflow orchestration across applications – Previously on a limited trial basis, Pega Process Fabric® becomes available to all users so employees can manage their work in a single location. This helps them work smarter by providing a unified worklist that consolidates tasks from multiple apps – both Pega and non-Pega – in a single location. AI helps ensure the most important work gets top priority. This interwoven and intelligent view of work eliminates inefficient screen switching while providing better visibility and insight into critical customer needs.
Simplify customer service with new streamlined capabilities in Pega Customer Service such as:
- Enhanced channel choice: Pega has extended its advanced messaging capabilities into its flagship Pega Customer Service Digital Customer Engagement Edition. This helps allow more businesses to give their customers additional control over how and where they communicate with them. For example, a customer can initiate conversations in their preferred channel - including web messaging (chat), SMS, and third-party messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Apple Business Chat – via a single messaging widget embedded on the client website and switch between channels without disrupting the conversation.
- Expanded Microjourney™ offerings: New Microjourneys for the financial services, insurance, and communications industries provide preconfigured service cases that help efficiently and intuitively resolve common service incidents for customers. These new microjourneys complement a library of over 180 preconfigured service cases available for Pega Customer Service.
- Simpler feature configurations: New enhancements help allow business and IT managers to quickly configure and manage even more Pega Customer Service functions – such as intelligent virtual assistants, search, and customer verification. Updates are now more easily configured using Pega’s powerful low-code capabilities in Pega’s App Studio.
Deliver more personalized engagements faster with new AI features for marketers and data scientists in Pega Customer Decision Hub such as:
- More relevant real-time engagement: New capabilities in Next-Best-Action Designer empower marketers to modernize customer journeys and add context to their next-best-action decisions. Now users can map all actions and treatments to specific journey stages, then use data from each customer’s journey as predictors that inform their decisioning models. Taken together, this helps improve the relevance of every interaction with that customer in real time.
- Automated AI model management: New Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) capabilities give data scientists an automated, end-to-end process for deploying, updating, and replacing the models used in their next-best-action decision strategies via Pega APIs. Plus, with Shadow Mode, users can compare the performance of the current model to the candidate model using real production data prior to deployment to ensure it will deliver the expected lift.
Pegasystems new low-code capabilities in Pega Platform enable both professional and citizen developers to easily design exceptional modern user interfaces (UI) for their apps. By combining enhanced front-end design features with its proven back-end processing abilities, Pega helps empower any enterprise user to create more complete digital experiences from a single low-code platform.
The new capabilities provide benefits for both business people and professional developers looking to build exceptional applications, including:
- Faster and more productive app interfaces – Pega-built applications can now perform up to three times faster using the new React-based version of the Pega Cosmos™ Design System, which works seamlessly with the new capabilities. With a lightweight 'single-page application' approach, Pega has reduced the payload by 75% – meaning less code transferred back and forth when interacting with the app. Beyond pure speed, new design templates also help enterprises create more efficient app interfaces. This helps reduce end-user errors, mouse movements, and fatigue while improving task completion rates – resulting in more productive employees and more satisfied customers.
- Easier-to-use low-code design capabilities – Pega takes the complexity and guesswork out of UI design by making it easy for enterprise users to create elegant app interfaces. This prescriptive approach provides an extensible library of reusable design templates in App Studio based on proven best practices. This helps business users focus their attention on modeling and configuring the application while the optimal design layout is intuitively rendered in parallel as they build. In addition, interface branding elements are customizable, helping enable users to automatically set their brand guidelines across the entire app.
- Context-aware APIs that dynamically update as processes change – Unlike traditional static APIs, enhanced Pega Digital Experience (DX) APIs help automatically adjust connected front-end interfaces when changes are made to its core back-end process – all without rewriting any code. For example, if a bank uses Pega to update an existing loan application process with a new data field, Pega DX API helps dynamically render the new field across all connected channels, such as the web or mobile interface. This frees front-end designers from having to recode front-end interfaces with every new back-end process change, saving a significant amount of time. With Pega's Center-out™ business architecture, customers can move seamlessly across channels with Pega's decisioning, automation, and case management, helping ensure every interaction is personalized and effective.
Pega Infinity unifies customer engagement, customer service, and intelligent automation capabilities within a single platform to help accelerate digital transformation across entire global enterprises. By engaging customers with the right message, at the right time, across any channel, clients can improve customer satisfaction, increase customer lifetime value, and boost organizational productivity. Most importantly, Pega’s low-code environment helps reduce business complexity – resulting in accelerated deployments, faster iteration, and greater customer and employee satisfaction.
Pega Infinity 8.6 will be available by the end of this quarter (Q2 2021).