To better align business and IT objectives, enterprise organizations should focus on the core "problems" that individual business units face today in driving out real consumer value. Until the roadblocks and inhibitors — and, ultimately, the resultant technical debt — are removed from the equation, large enterprise organizations will continue struggling to succeed ...
Panzura announced global general availability of its new Vizion.ai SaaS platform for multi-cloud data management.
Vizion.ai delivers a single, unified view of data across the enterprise and provides powerful search, analysis, recovery, and control of multi-cloud data for greater productivity, operational intelligence, improved security, and reduced storage costs. Organizations around the world will now be able to subscribe to the platform as of January 1, 2019.
Benefits of the new Vizion.ai platform include:
- Virtual consolidation of all metadata into a single, unified view for comprehensive indexing, search, analysis, and control of unstructured data.
- Search and analytics functions powered by Vizion.ai’s breakthrough hyper-scale, multi-cloud data engine, helping companies uncover and act on hidden insights across datasets.
- Machine learning for predictive analytics to help lower costs based on data access patterns and performance/cost analysis of cloud storage locations.
- Open API allowing third-party developers to take advantage of Vizion.ai’s powerful multi-cloud-data engine to build new applications.
- Comprehensive marketplace including both Panzura and third-party applications and plugins that provide complete visibility and control over an organization’s data.
“It’s a multi-cloud, multi-site world and the ability to create a virtual data map of your data, regardless of whether it lives in AWS, Google, Azure, a data center or remote site, is critical,” said Patrick Harr, CEO of Panzura. “Vizion.ai is a breakthrough multi-cloud data management service designed from the ground up to unify data and deliver powerful tools to search, analyze and govern data across the enterprise. These tools together with the Vizion.ai marketplace of new third-party applications unlock the power of multi-cloud data.”
The base service includes five administrator logins and the following three applications:
- Open NFS/SMB plug-in - Index and search third-party NAS filers including NetApp, Isilon, and VNX. Analyze data access patterns of hot, warm and cold data on any NAS filer that supports standard NFS and SMB and move that data to more cost-effective, resilient public and private cloud storage tiers.
- Freedom NAS plug-in - Index, search, analyze and recover file data in the Panzura CloudFS global file system. Users can quickly search, gain insight into data and restore files for disaster recovery.
- Vizion audit - Search file audit data in Panzura Freedom NAS to determine who, what, where and when file data was accessed, downloaded or changed.
Additional applications and plugins from third-party and Panzura will be available soon in the Vizion.ai marketplace.