Exadel announced the Grand Prize winner of the “Appery.io COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon.”
Panzura announced major enhancements to Panzura Mobile.
The mobile enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) solution enables enterprise customers for the first time to scale securely to support hundreds of millions of files and access to up to hundreds of terabytes of data from any Web browser, iOS or Android device, critical for remote enterprise workers.
Native integration with the Panzura Freedom Global Cloud File System delivers a single source of truth in the cloud from any location, without having to copy data across to the EFSS. It also enables enterprises to regain control of user data and device access by using existing Active Directory credentials, dramatically simplifying management, improving employee productivity, and lowering overall costs. Panzera's end-to-end global cloud file system consolidates data storage, replacing legacy NAS and delivering real-time global file locking to ensure teams can collaborate across distributed files without collision from any location - office or home.
“There’s no doubt that the healthcare crisis has accelerated the overall trend towards remote working; the biggest question now is how can enterprises implement cost-saving solutions capable of delivering the same data access, anywhere,” said Rich Weber, CPO, Panzura. “Storing files as a single source of truth in the cloud results in a reduced storage footprint that saves up to 70% on traditional storage, and EFSS ensures every user gets the same consistent, secure experience, regardless of their location.”
The Panzura Mobile server can be deployed in the public cloud or on-prem in the security Demilitarized Zone. It directly accesses the file server, where users are authenticated using Active Directory credentials. This means that data is never cached and users are inherently always guaranteed access to the latest file version, never out of sync with the filer.
Panzura Mobile has deep admin controls that ensure files are never inadvertently shared outside of the organization, and companies can share hundreds of terabytes of data with their field employees without the need to copy it all to a third party EFSS. This puts data on the mobile device while allowing remote users uninterrupted productivity, without a disjointed or slow collaboration experience encountering data sprawl, file version control, compliance and cybersecurity concerns.
New Panzura Mobile 3.5 features:
- True enterprise scale – Panzura’s upgraded Mobile platform can support making hundreds of millions of files accessible to hundreds of thousands of remote workers, making remote collaboration straightforward and real-time
- Single sign-on – Using Okta, enterprises can now support single sign-on and multi-factor authentication using SMS, email or the Okta app for mobile devices, offering convenience and rapid authentication
- Watermarking of files – Enterprises can customize a watermark, placed through image and PDF files with options for the user's email, time and date or customized text, providing intellectual property protection
- Splash screen – Enterprise users can remain informed on how to use the mobile application, policies within the organization, or any recent events that might be necessary to communicate
- Real-time refresh sync button – End-users can sync a specific file with the active Panzura Global File system
- Updated clients – Updated clients are now available for IOS, Android, Web interface, Windows and MacOS.