Ubuntu Pro, Canonical’s comprehensive subscription for secure open source and compliance, is now generally available.
NetApp announced continued innovations and solutions to provide enterprises with more simplicity, more security and more flexibility for their hybrid multicloud environments. These new capabilities include improved ransomware protection, hybrid cloud storage in a single subscription, unified management in a single user interface, and close collaboration with VMware to help transition workloads to the cloud.
“As organizations today explore the promise of hybrid multicloud environments, they are keen to avoid complexity, security, and cost efficiency challenges,” said Ronen Schwartz, Senior VP, Cloud Volumes Service at NetApp. “With NetApp’s simplified management and consumption experience, organizations can enjoy improved security, manageability, speed of operations, and cost savings - ultimately allowing them to be more responsive to the growing needs of their business by delivering capabilities faster, and keeping data available and protected no matter where it lives.”
Enhancements to NetApp’s hybrid cloud portfolio include:
- Hybrid Cloud Simplicity Experience – By delivering everything "as a service," NetApp simplifies and optimizes hybrid cloud environments with new capabilities, including:
* Hybrid cloud Storage-as-a-Service (STaaS) in a single, flexible subscription with Keystone. Organizations can flexibly move workloads to and from the cloud in a single contract.
* In addition to managing and monitoring data storage, protection, governance and tiering across multicloud environments, Cloud Manager can now manage Keystone services, track software licenses, monitor infrastructure health and provide proactive recommendations that optimize costs and data protection with automated actions.
- Cyber Resilience for Today’s Hybrid Cloud – The rise of ransomware over the past few years is a growing problem for enterprises. With NetApp’s new, powerful, built-in cyber resilience capabilities that include anti-ransomware, data protection and security - organizations can mitigate unauthorized user access and threats to data from ransomware attacks. Customers can protect a multitude of workloads, enterprise apps, virtualized workloads and modern containerized applications against security breaches, quickly detect attacks and rapidly recover data before experiencing any impact to operations.
- Accelerating Enterprise Cloud Transformation – NetApp is empowering customers to “modernize to the cloud” using a supplemental datastore for data-intensive, storage demanding workloads running in a single or across multicloud environments. NetApp is a cloud storage service provider certified and supported for use as an external supplemental datastore for VMware Cloud environments running in the largest public clouds.