Ubuntu Pro, Canonical’s comprehensive subscription for secure open source and compliance, is now generally available.
Micro Focus announced the general availability of Silk 17, a set of test automation tools for cloud, Web and mobile platforms.
The updated portfolio integrates the strengths of its Silk Portfolio with the features of its new Silk Mobile Testing solution, delivering a more direct route to realize the benefits of the transformation to digital business.
While the benefits of mobile application services are widespread, organizations are experiencing a myriad of challenges, including user experience, time to market and the proliferation of devices, when innovating in this space. Silk Mobile empowers DevOps teams to address these challenges by increasing the speed of testing for mobile, Web, and rich-client applications, regardless of the skillset of the testing team.
"Organizations want to accelerate their move to digital to deliver more information and services to their customers and users, and to do that, they have to accelerate their ability to deliver mobile applications across different platforms with better performance and improved user experience," said Renato Quedas, VP, Solution Strategy at Micro Focus. "Silk 17 acknowledges these challenges and allows teams to quickly develop and test mobile applications at unprecedented rates and efficiency and with much greater visibility into the testing process. Ultimately, customers can deliver more reliable applications, faster, to more easily meet their users’ expectations."
Silk 17 ensures mobile and web applications perform as expected on any device or platform.
With Silk 17, development teams have the ability to:
- Build automated tests that run on different browsers across platforms and devices
- Document manual or exploratory testing execution through screen shots, videos and status reports on every step, in any device
- Identify the root cause of mobile applications performance problems through powerful, end-to-end diagnostics capabilities
- Build performance and load testing automation that represent users on their devices, platforms and networks of choice
- Work within a unified platform to design, plan, execute and track all functional and performance testing practices across devices and platforms
Silk 17 is available now.