Kony announced the launch of Kony Quantum, a new brand with enhanced capabilities for its next-generation low-code app development platform that delivers rich digital experiences.
Kony Quantum combines the ease of use and speed of low-code application development with the power of the leading enterprise-grade digital experience development platform. Kony Quantum enables businesses to build mission-critical web and mobile solutions for both employees and consumer-facing apps on a unified platform, resulting in greater speed and productivity.
“Companies are struggling to keep pace with the demand for innovation and the pace of digital,” said Thomas E. Hogan, chairman and CEO, Kony, Inc. “While low-code platforms help bridge the dearth of developer expertise and accelerate innovation, the majority of existing low-code platforms lack the agility and depth to span applications from the simplest, yet powerful, to the most enterprise-grade and complex. Kony Quantum is uniquely capable of providing that unified platform for rapid development and innovation yet also capable of delivering applications that demand the highest levels of UX, security, performance, and back-end integration. Kony Quantum is the epitome of Low-Code without Limits.”
Kony Quantum provides the following unique features to make it easy for users to build powerful web and mobile apps quickly:
- Real-time visual design and development canvas
- Rich library of pre-built microapps, templates, component user interface elements and data connectors
- Design imports from Sketch and Photoshop
- Business logic and workflow editor
- Single project and development approach across web applications and native mobile apps
- Visual data integration capabilities
- Industry-leading app security and scalability
Kony Quantum is an enterprise-grade low-code platform with native omni-channel support for delivering the best possible experience, performance and security by taking full advantage of the underlying platform and device capabilities, including:
- Low-code Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) – enhanced features for building responsive, modern web apps based upon the PWA standard that deliver native-like user experiences across all popular mobile web browsers. Kony Quantum developed PWAs scored a full 100 out of 100 on Google’s Lighthouse validation process
- Low-Code Native Mobile Apps – enables developers to build truly native iOS and Android apps faster using standard, native user interface widgets. Kony Quantum provides easy access to all of the underlying native device features for building modern and immersive apps.
In addition, Kony Quantum offers the following new capabilities:
- Faster Backend Integration - low-code tools such as a Data Panel speeds integration to backend systems and automatically provides test services to develop against stubs even when the backend is unavailable;
- Auto-generation and Auto-mapping – developer productivity features for automating common developer tasks such as auto generating forms and controllers and auto-mapping front-end logic to backend APIs;
- Preview and Debugging Enhancements – a wide set of developer productivity enhancements that speed up the ability to quickly preview on a local device or web browser, including the ability to in-line debug the app from the device or web browser to optimize code;
- Assisted Development using Artificial Intelligence (AI) – smart agent technology integrated into the Kony Quantum IDE which is powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to intelligently assist the developer throughout development. This includes things like smart component recommendation from the Kony Marketplace, automatically searching for resources or tips to assist your current task, and more;
- Integrated Learning System – interactive guides and learning system inside the IDE that supports developers at all skill levels to become quickly proficient with Kony Quantum and build their first web or mobile app; and also to continue to acquire more advanced skills over time; and
- Cloud DevOps – cloud services that speed up the full DevOps lifecycle, including an automated Cloud Build service that removes the need for local SDKs or build machines; and one-click publishing into a secure, private Enterprise App Store service for web or mobile enterprise apps.