Splunk announced the latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio including advanced product innovations for Splunk Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Splunk Real User Monitoring (RUM), Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, Splunk Log Observer, Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring and Splunk IT Service Intelligence.
Kontena 0.16.0 is now available.
The biggest change to Kontena Platform is the brand new authentication system that is OAuth2 compatible.
Another new feature is the Kontena Cloud. Naturally, Kontena Cloud may be used as an OAuth2 authentication provider for Kontena Platform installations but that is just the beginning. Over the next several months, the company will be rolling out Kontena Platform management dashboard - a web based management console that can be used to monitor and administer Kontena Platforms.
Highlights of Kontena Platform 0.16.0 Release:
- Kontena Master & CLI has now (optional) integration to Kontena Cloud
- Kontena Master now supports OAuth2 providers
- CLI usability improvements (better messages, spinners, colors, zsh support)
- Weave Net updated to latest stable version (1.7.2)
- Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) packages
Initial Release of Kontena Cloud
- Identity management including account creation and profile update
- May be used as OAuth2 authentication provider for Kontena Platform
- Kontena Forums (powered by Discourse)