Parasoft announced the newest release of Parasoft C/C++test, the unified C and C++ development testing solution for enterprise and embedded applications.
Kong announced an acquisition and several new products.
Kong acquired Insomnia, an open source API testing platform, to expand Kong's portfolio of open source technologies and provide the foundation for the new Kong Studio, an integrated service design and collaboration suite.
At the crux of the latest Kong Enterprise release is multi-protocol support for frictionless communication across REST, gRPC, GraphQL and Kafka services, as well as enhanced machine learning add-ons and several other major features to further improve the way organizations build, connect and manage their services. Kong also announced new open source releases of Kong Gateway and the Kuma universal service mesh project.
"Today, we're delivering the industry's first comprehensive platform for full lifecycle service management to make data available anytime, anywhere from design to production, and function as the nervous system for hybrid- and multi-cloud organizations," said Augusto Marietti, CEO and co-founder of Kong Inc. "Last year, we debuted our vision for an intelligent service control platform for connecting, managing and optimizing services in production, and we're excited to expand that vision to include how services are designed, tested and distributed among increasingly decentralized workloads. With today's news, we are providing developers the freedom to test and build in the best way possible, while also providing management teams with the tools to ensure efficiency and governance."
Kong Inc. Introduces New Solutions for the Service Control Platform
- Insomnia Acquisition: As an early supporter of the popular open source API testing platform, Kong acquired Insomnia to expand Kong's design and testing capabilities, as well as further grow Insomnia's technology and open source community. Committed to providing tools that developers need to build the future of software, Kong will continue to support Insomnia as an independent open source project. Read more.
- Kong Enterprise 2020: Built on top of open source Kong Gateway, Kong Enterprise 2020 provides an end-to-end service control platform for multi-cloud and hybrid organizations. New features include protocol support for REST, Kafka Streams, gRPC and GraphQL, support for developing plugins in Go, and huge improvements to the Kong Manager UI and Kong Developer Portal. Kong Enterprise 2020 customers can also access new machine learning capabilities for anomaly detection with Kong Immunity and a visual service map with Kong Brain. Read more.
- Kong Studio: Kong Studio provides a robust suite of tools to help developers design, build and maintain APIs for REST and GraphQL endpoints. Built on top of the popular open source API testing and debugging tool Insomnia, Kong Studio allows users to edit spec files, generate mock endpoints with Mockbin, and publish directly into the Kong Gateway, Registry and Developer Portal. Kong Studio is available as a standalone add-on to Kong Enterprise. Read more.
- Kong Gateway 2.0: The latest release of open source Kong Gateway features the ability to write plugins in Go via Kong's Plugin Development Kit, expanded capabilities for DB-less deployments, separation of data plane and control plane, and support for proxying GraphQL services. Read more.
- Kuma: Released on September 10, open source Kuma is a modern, simple and pragmatic universal control plane for service mesh based on Envoy. The latest version features improvements for better performance and stability. Read more and see a demo at Kong Summit.