Red Hat unveiled updates across its portfolio of developer tools designed to help organizations build and deliver applications faster and more consistently across Kubernetes-based hybrid and multicloud environments.
IBM and MuleSoft announced a global relationship.
MuleSoft plans to extend its Anypoint Runtime Fabric, a container service for multi-cloud and hybrid deployments, to run on Red Hat OpenShift, a leading enterprise Kubernetes platform.
IBM and MuleSoft plan to deliver increased integrations and solutions around the IBM Z product family to support financial services and other mutual customers.
In addition, IBM plans to significantly expand its overall investment in integration software and industry expertise, including increasing the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals in its consulting services organization.
IBM and MuleSoft plan to make it easier to securely connect, compose, and automate business processes and modernize applications at scale:
- In collaboration with Red Hat, MuleSoft will extend Anypoint Runtime Fabric to Red Hat OpenShift as a certified OpenShift application, unlocking increased flexibility for companies to deploy APIs, integrations, and automations across public and private clouds.
- Today, 85 of the world’s top 100 banks run on IBM Z. MuleSoft supports IBM Z Digital Integration Hub, making it easier for joint financial services customers to integrate core business applications and share real-time, industry relevant information with MuleSoft.
- IBM Z Digital Integration Hub creates flexible, efficient real-time information flow between multiple systems of record on z/OS and cloud environments while also optimizing costs.
- MuleSoft complements IBM Z Digital Integration Hub by allowing customers to securely share current information stored in the Z Digital Integration Hub via reusable APIs and easily integrate it to external applications with clicks, not code. To provide even more options for clients,
- MuleSoft also provides a CICS connector via the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Together, IBM and MuleSoft plan to accelerate integration with core systems and faster development of hybrid cloud applications, as well as support for governance, risk and compliance requirements.
- As a part of the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Center, a digital front door to a vast array of tools, training, resources and ecosystem partners, MuleSoft will help joint customers accelerate the modernization of their applications, data and processes in an open hybrid cloud architecture.
- As part of the commitment to its longstanding Salesforce practice, IBM Consulting is also significantly increasing the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals to support intelligent workflows, automation, and industry-focused use cases that accelerate digital transformation. IBM Consulting, a global Salesforce partner, harnesses the industry expertise of certified Salesforce and MuleSoft practitioners to help companies deliver key business outcomes and scale innovation faster.
Meir Amiel, CPO, MuleSoft, said: “The move to digitalization has accelerated, requiring companies to evolve and adapt to increasing customer needs and new technologies. With Anypoint Runtime Fabric, IT can be agile and flexible when change happens by easily deploying in any environment. MuleSoft is pleased to collaborate with IBM to help our joint customers securely integrate, automate, and manage their workflows across environments to respond to the needs of the market at scale.”
Bob Lord, SVP, IBM Worldwide Ecosystems, added: “As companies modernize their hybrid cloud strategy, they need the flexibility to run and manage their most critical workloads in any cloud environment or on premise. With this relationship and Red Hat OpenShift technologies, we’re further helping customers accelerate and automate their integrations with core systems which can lead to faster development of hybrid cloud applications.”