Docker announced general availability of the Docker Desktop for Mac [Apple Silicon], enabling developers to leverage the advantages of the latest Macs powered by the M1 chip and extending the reach of their Docker collaborative application development platform to a new architecture.
DevOps Institute, a global professional association for advancing the human elements of DevOps, announced the launch of its tiered professional membership model.
Membership levels include Basic, Premium, Government/Nonprofit, Educator, and Enterprise Membership options, with Student and In-Transition member tiers to follow. DevOps Institute Professional Members gain exclusive access to leading DevOps resources, discounted certification exams, DevOps capability assessments, premium content, discounted DevOps simulation experiences, members-only networking opportunities, career center access, and more.
"As we experienced a dynamic and unpredictable year, it became clear we needed a space in which the DevOps community can actively contribute to the advancement of DevOps humans,” said Jayne Groll, CEO of DevOps Institute. “By launching a Professional Membership program, we aim to empower individuals to continue learning and sharing ideas while having access to the best resources and knowledge available. The new tiered membership program invites DevOps professionals to join DevOps Institute and help shape the future of IT no matter where they land in their DevOps journey.”
Access and benefits vary by membership level and individual needs:
Basic Membership gives DevOps professionals an introductory glimpse into what DevOps Institute’s membership program offers and includes limited membership benefits.
- SKILup events
- Annual Upskilling Enterprise DevOps Skills Report
- Local chapter meetings
Premium Membership is a subscription-based option that gives anyone working and leading in the DevOps space an edge on the latest DevOps trends.
Key benefits (all Basic Member benefits, plus):
- Team Assessment of DevOps Capabilities (ADOC) -- a $2,000 USD savings
- New SKILbooks -- up to $3,000 USD savings in the first year
- SKILup Learning video (one module)
- An advanced copy of annual Upskilling Enterprise DevOps Skills Report findings
- 30% discount on exams
- 40% discount on the Digital Transformation Experience Simulation (DTX-i)
- Members-Only networking experiences
- Career Center access / Career Day
- Discounts on training programs at participating education partners
- Perks Marketplace
Government/Non-Profit Membership offers employees of a government organization or an elected or appointed official access to all the benefits of a Premium Membership at a discounted rate. Key benefits are the same as Premium Membership.
Educator Membership is available to all K-12 educators, collegiate professors, and consulting instructors at a special reduced annual rate of $99. Membership is valid for one year from the date you join and has the same great benefits as the Premium Membership.
Enterprise Membership is the Company's first enterprise, leader-focused membership program. Catering to DevOps leaders and C-suite executives seeking guidance on digitally transforming their organizations. CLick here to learn more about Enterprise Membership.
Key benefits—depending on tier selection—include:
- Premium Membership for employees
- One complimentary exam for each employee member
- Invitation to Executive Leadership Forum Series (C-Suite only)
- Assessment for DevOps Capabilities (ADOC) license
- The Digital Transformation Experience Simulation (DTX-i)
- Internal 3-hour SKILup Day