Puppet announced a new competency-based global channel partner program for the company’s almost-200 worldwide channel partners that operate across 35 countries.
Cloudian announced support for Red Hat OpenShift, providing enterprise-level persistent storage for modern, cloud-native applications on-premises.
OpenShift customers will be able to deploy Cloudian’s HyperStore® object storage solution in their own data centers and take advantage of its fully native S3 compatibility, limitless scalability, military-grade security and cloud-like agility at up to 70% less cost than public cloud offerings. In addition, HyperStore provides seamless integration with the public cloud and the ability to support both modern and traditional applications from the same platform.
Enterprises are expanding their use of cloud-native applications beyond development to production use cases. This includes deploying these applications on-premises to avoid the cost and complexity of moving large workloads to the cloud. As a result, organizations need a modern storage foundation that can fully support cloud-native environments and emerging technologies such as Kubernetes, serverless computing and microservices that are key components of these environments.
Traditional enterprise storage systems are difficult to provision and manage and cannot deliver the cost-effective scalability required. At the same time, purpose-built container storage offerings are agile but lack the scalability, security and durability that cloud-native production environments demand.
In contrast to these other solutions, Cloudian gives OpenShift customers a highly scalable, secure and cost-effective enterprise storage platform with the agility and ease-of-management needed for cloud-native applications.
Key features and benefits include:
- Fully native S3 compatibility, enabling application portability across on-prem and public cloud environments.
- Simple API calls for high-level storage management access.
- Multi-tenancy for secure, self-managed storage within a single platform.
- Multi-cloud support with single-namespace simplicity, including out-of-the-box integration with AWS, GCP and Azure that maintains data in its native format.
- Enterprise-grade security, including encryption for data in flight and at rest, integrated firewall, RBAC/IAM and SAML access controls, and certification with the most rigorous regulatory requirements, such as Common Criteria, FIPS and NIST 800-88.
- Cost savings from consolidating traditional and modern workloads on the same platform, thereby eliminating infrastructure silos and capitalizing on common skills and training.