Progress announced the latest release of Progress Flowmon.
Automic Software and DBmaestro announced a new integration enabling continuous delivery (CD) for databases.
Automic is enhancing its Release Automation product with a new action pack for DBmaestro TeamWork to ensure the rapid and safe deployment to production of schema and database changes.
“Although databases are central to most applications, too often they are overlooked when it comes to the development and test stages of the application lifecycle. In fact, database build and merge is frequently the most challenging aspect of deployments,” said Chris Boorman, CMO, Automic Software. “This new Action pack enables our customers to automate DBmaestro TeamWork and ensure that architectural changes to the database layer are deployed automatically and safely through the continuous delivery pipeline.”
Key capabilities include:
- Out-of-the-box integration - enabling users to include creation, execution and rollback of DBmaestro interactions as an integral part of the application release automation model.
- Automated validity checks - preventing accidental overrides of changes and notification for database drifts.
- Complete audit trail of database changes - allowing users to monitor who did what, when and why.
- Automation of sophisticated workflows within DBmaestro TeamWork using new Automic actions for domains, repositories, integration services and the administration console.
- Consolidation of DBmaestro TeamWork activity logs and outputs with the entire release process, to meet debugging and compliance needs.
The new integration supports the database as a critical component in the application stack, with Automic Release Automation orchestrating all steps in the process.
The Automic action pack for DBmaestro TeamWork is an Automic community contribution, developed and supported by our partners DBmaestro. The DBmaestro TeamWork action pack will be available on the Automic Marketplace, and is free of charge to all Automic Release Automation and DBmaestro TeamWork customers.