Redgate’s new SQL Monitor now ensures that DevOps teams can monitor and track deployments at all times.
Appdome announced the immediate availability of its Mobility Suite, a new service offering that provides never-before-seen integration options for third-party and custom mobile apps being deployed within enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions.
The Appdome Mobility Suite extends EMM systems, allowing EMM and MDM (mobile device management) solutions to reach mobile apps that include latency-sensitive VoIP services, legacy frameworks, background intensive operations, push notifications and much more.
The Appdome Mobility Suite also allows users to create walled gardens for native text, calls and contacts, going beyond EMM services.
Together with Appdome’s new Enterprise SSO (single sign-on) capabilities, the platform allows any enterprise to deliver on the promise of unified endpoint management (UEM) across the enterprise.
“Enterprise customers are demanding feature sets that go beyond standard MDM and EMM,” notes Tom Tovar, Appdome’s CEO. “EMM systems must also work with any app built in any environment. The Appdome Mobility Suite codifies the UEM best practices we’ve gained from working with our customers.”
To use Appdome’s new services, users simply select the desired functionality in the Appdome Mobility Suite and fuse the needed features to apps in seconds. For instance, an enterprise deploying a third-party mobile application such as Jive or Jabber, may want web viewing to occur inside the EMM’s secure browser instead of the app’s native built-in browser. By choosing “secure browsing” from within the Appdome Mobility Suite, the app is connected to the secure web browsing service, allowing app users access to a secure browser when browsing web links.
Appdome Mobility Suite includes:
Features that accommodate multiple app types:
- Dynamic Encryption and Container Management - A system of techniques that encrypt and maanage all files created after provisioning, using keys and EMM secret tokens to optimize encryption based on app’s data usage and feature set
- Adaptive App Routing - A systtem that allows latency sensitive framework sets such as VoIP to leverage the native routing protocol in an app, while routing all remaining traffic and events via the EMM tunnel
- Legacy Background/Push - Enables pre-iOS 9 legacy background methods to co-exist with EMM implementations so that mobile end users still receive push notifications
- Jailbreak/Root Detection by Appdome - Allows enterprises to implement, and mobbile apps to benefit from, Jailbreak/Root detection from both an EMM and Appdome combined
- Universal App Scaling - Adjusts appss to automatically scale with different devices
Features that enable new EMM services:
- Connect Secure Browser - Connects EMM vendor’s secure browser to thee app, so that web links open in the EMM’s secure browser (not the native browser built into the app)
- Connect Secure Email - Connects EMM vendor’s Email Client to the app, so that email-links open in the EMM’s Email Client (not the native email client built into the app)
Features that secure use of apps:
Prohibit Document Sharing – Disables document sharing in the app, including Open-In, Print, Copy, Air-Drop and Save to Camera
Prohibit Local Contacts - Disables app access to local contacts
In-App Calls Only - Enables in aapp, local use for calls
In-App Messages Only - Enables in app, local use for messages and texts
“Because not all SDKs and apps are built alike, a huge disparity between SDK and app capabilities naturally exists,” says Avi Yehuda, CTO of Appdome. “By bridging the gap to allow an EMM SDK to operate in multiple app environments, and allowing any app to work with the EMM SDK of choice, Appdome is uniquely enabling enterprises to embrace unified endpoint management as part of their digital transformation.”
Appdome Mobility Suite can be found under the “Management” section of the Appdome platform under the heading “Appdome Mobility Suite.” Customers can pick and choose their desired or full functionality of the Appdome Mobility Suite and their chosen EMM via Appdome’s one-click self-service AppFusion process. The solution is available today, with full feature parity between iOS and Android.