Web development and web design are intertwined in such a way that there is not one without the other — not anymore at least. The following outlines 5 benefits of collaboration ...
Serena Software announced the upcoming release of Serena Business Manager (SBM) version 11.
SBM is an advanced workflow, orchestration and integration platform that automates human and system processes in development and operations.
In highly regulated large enterprises, IT organizations are increasingly challenged to deliver value-based IT services and solutions to the business with speed. All of these services and solutions revolve around human and system processes which remain largely manual (email, spreadsheets), only lightly automated, often inflexible and lack the visibility, traceability and compliance demanded by today’s regulatory environment.
The desire to address the increasing volume and velocity of demands on development and operations is highlighted in the problems created by having siloed processes and disconnected tools across the SDLC. Coordinating the myriad of incoming business requests, directing development priorities and planning software releases while maintaining a continuous flow and velocity of change, requires an orchestrated application development and delivery process. Ensuring all stakeholders can collaborate and have the visibility they need to work together in a coordinated, cross-business, process needs a coherent infrastructure.
Serena Business Manager (SBM) is a low-code process management platform for development and operations teams to orchestrate and integrate IT and business processes in the organization. Used extensively by software development, delivery and operations groups, SBM provides an extensive library of configurable workflows including change management, issue and defect management, release management, service management, contractor management and employee on- and off-boarding. Many additional workflows, form extensions, and integration plug-ins can be found on Serena Central (SM), a user community of IT Development & Operations practitioners across the world.
SBM enables dev and ops teams to create quickly their own process-based applications for human and system work management that incorporate built-in reporting, dashboards, audit trails, alerts, and notifications. These applications are easy to create, flexible and simple to update providing fast time-to-value and giving users unmatched visibility, insight and control with built-in compliance and governance.
SBM is the foundation for Serena’s market leading customer-centric process solutions for the application development and delivery lifecycle including Serena Request Center, Serena Release Control, and ITIL-verified Serena Service Manager.
This new release is architected for advanced technology environments found in today’s highly regulated large enterprises. SBM 11 is ready for the toughest workflows, most complex integrations, and the sophisticated orchestration tasks demanded by modern businesses.
- New Data Visualization: extends SBM’s already powerful reporting capabilities by providing power users, designers and administrators even more control and greater granularity in report searching through the direct use of SQL. End users get upgraded reporting too with re-use of query filters and reports that offer new Editable Grid controls powered by HTML5.
- New Customizable Quick Forms: enables customers to design broad layout of forms without positioning all individual fields, merging the control of customization with the convenience of Quick Forms.
- New Integration & Interoperability: a richer RESTful interface provides additional authentication options to ensure enterprise security, streamlined configuration of endpoints and better visualization of retrieved data. In addition, the SharePoint connector is updated to work with later versions of SharePoint.
- New middleware technology: by updating to a current version of Tomcat, SBM ensures that customers are using the most secure, proven and reliable infrastructure for their critical enterprise process-apps.
- New “security” update capability: administrators can now exploit a configurable utility that accepts new rule definitions without requiring recompile or recoding, simplifying and accelerating the protection against newly discovered vulnerabilities.
- Confidence of upgrade and administration: SBM has been tested and certified on the latest operating system, database, and browsers available including Windows 10 and the new Microsoft Edge browser, ensuring business systems are available on current platforms.
SBM process-apps deliver value to your Development and Operations teams:
- Increase Operational Efficiency – improving the performance of your teams by optimizing the flow of work through the organization.
- Improve Responsiveness to the Business – automate alerts and notifications, increase stakeholder participation by orchestrating the flow of work across development, delivery, and service and provide real-time insight and visibility into project progress and activities.
- Deliver Compliance – track everything so you can easily produce evidence to pass audits for regulatory compliance, internal governance, or contractual obligations.
Current customers can access this new version from the company’s Support website. SBM will be available for download by October 30 and can be purchased directly from Serena Software or the company’s network of partners worldwide.