Despite 95 percent of CIOs expecting cyberthreats to increase over the next three years, only 65 percent of their organizations currently have a cybersecurity expert, according to a survey from Gartner. The survey also reveals that skills challenges continue to plague organizations that undergo digitalization, with digital security staffing shortages considered a top inhibitor to innovation ...
Micro Focus introduced Micro Focus StormRunner Functional, a new cloud-based, analytics-powered service enabling software development teams to test applications across any browser, operating system or mobile device.
StormRunner Functional addresses the need for an easy-to-adopt, on-demand service to help with prioritizing testing efforts while maintaining a comprehensive test environment. With the release of StormRunner Functional, Micro Focus is completing the market’s most comprehensive DevOps product suite – including ALM Octane, an end-to-end lifecycle management solution; StormRunner Load for cloud-based performance testing; and AppPulse for performance monitoring.
"Creating high-quality, high-performing applications – at breakneck speeds – leaves very little time to validate quality on every OS, browser, and form factor," said Raffi Margaliot, SVP and GM, Application Delivery Management, Micro Focus. "StormRunner Functional provides a thorough testing environment to intelligently and continuously test web and mobile applications providing our customers with significant advantage to advance development efforts, enhance user experiences and reduce costs."
StormRunner Functional delivers a continually updated digital lab environment that integrates with existing development tools and test environments. The solution provides advanced root-cause analysis to quickly pinpoint issues.
In addition, with built-in analytics, StormRunner Functional helps to identify the critical environments and adapt automated scripts to real-user flows.
StormRunner Functional’s digital lab is kept up to date and reflects hundreds of variations so teams can run tests with virtualized real-world conditions:
- Expansive digital lab allows users to test real web and mobile lab devices as well as emulators.
- Secure a hybrid lab on demand that is invoked by user or CI/CD in minutes.
StormRunner Functional also supports a myriad of popular market solutions – including Google Analytics, Micro Focus Octane, Git and Jenkins – to address the challenges associated with the scale and delivery quality required by enterprise software to help organizations:
- Capture automated or exploratory tests of Web and Mobile applications with only a web browser and edit directly in a cloud native development environment.
Using a wide variety of compatible automated test assets – including Unified Functional Testing (UFT), UFT Pro and Selenium – StormRunner Functional significantly reduces test execution times in minutes through on-demand parallel execution of test assets, independent of the types of scripts used. Developers now have the ability to conduct:
- Remote execution in the cloud from existing on-premise tools to allow rapid feedback and provide users complete coverage across development tools and platforms.
- Perform parallel test execution by providing a scalable on-demand test lab service leveraging Micro Focus and open source tools, such as Selenium, to dramatically reduce testing cycles.
Using StormRunner Functional’s analytics and reporting features, testing teams can quickly understand the trends affecting overall application quality by exposing the root cause of test failure, ultimately accelerating application delivery and quality. Testing teams can:
- Optimize testing by focusing on users’ most-used features based on real production usage data and powered by Google Analytics.
- Provide immediate feedback to engineers through powerful reporting, such as side-by-side execution and root-cause analysis.
StormRunner Functional and DevOps Suite will be available by the end of November 2017.